Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
 hey whats the best camera??? >

hey whats the best camera???

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

hey whats the best camera???

Old 01-11-2007, 11:04 PM

Default hey whats the best camera???

I was going to buy a trail camera but there are a lot of them and I wanted to know whats the best digital one???
Old 01-12-2007, 10:42 AM

Default RE: hey whats the best camera???

The Cuddeback camera's are definitely one of the best, but get ready to get your check book out. They aren't cheap. It really comes down to what you want to spend & how many you need. I have 3 Moultrie 200's. You could only buy one cuddeback for what i paid for the 3 of my Moultries. Mine definitely aren't the best, but they do the job.
Old 01-12-2007, 02:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

The Moultrie 200 takes a good picture for not a lot of money ($150). Why spend a crap load of money on something that you are going to put out in the woods where others can steal it? I would much rather them steal $150 camera than a $500 camera! You can also hook up a rechargable battery and solar panel to the Moultrie 200 and not have to worry about batteries!
Old 01-12-2007, 08:12 PM
Fork Horn

As you probably already know there are a lot of cams to choose from and there is also a lot of variation in what you get for your money. I've tested 19 of them so far and you can see the reviews at the website listed below.

Out of the 19 I have used I currently think the Trail Watchers are the best all around cams.
Old 01-13-2007, 09:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Of the dozen digital units I've used, I have found the Cuddeback to be FAR better than any other model. They have a MUCH faster trigger and take a MUCH better image. I also love the numerous options and settings to give the cam a true custom feel.
Old 01-13-2007, 09:38 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: bullet hole murphy

I was going to buy a trail camera but there are a lot of them and I wanted to know whats the best digital one???
Honestly, I would suggest that you look into wither building your own trail cam or get someone that builds them to do one for you. You can get a much better unit for less money. The average trigger time on a home made unit will be near the 2 second mark but that will depend on the camera used. The pictures will be as normal as a regular camera (white flash) because they use a regular camera.

Good luck in your quest.