Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Best trail cam?

Old 01-23-2007, 05:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Best trail cam?

ORIGINAL: indianahunter83

Best thing to do hide a cheap trail cam somewhere facing your stand or one of your random nice trail cams so if someone ever does come steal the nice ones you will have evidence. Just be creative about where you hide it!
these people are not dumb..they are wearing ski masks or hunting turkey camo from hat..

i chased after 2 possible poachers,2 different times and both were wearing SKI MASKS..1 was big ,1 little..

pictures mean nothing and most of time what are you going to do with picture anyhow..most will deny its them and going to court is no win..

they can even sue you for taking their picture,this has happened to a person here that was on disability and guy took his picture..disabled guy won and that person is going to pay a settlement..

sorry got off topic, only good that picture will do is to let you at least know who it is,thats a start anyhow..
Old 01-23-2007, 10:01 PM

They sure can't sue you if they are on your property. And you would be amazed at the stupidity of some criminals. A local man where I live stole a dixie chopper lawn mower and tried to sell it back to the place it was purchased... Even better was the asthmatic that tried to run from the cops after shoplifting only to have an asthma attack and he left his inhaler in the get away car! I don't want to hijack this thread but it is very sad how little some people care about others and their worldly possesions!
Old 01-24-2007, 08:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've jumped in on many threads dealing with this topic and every time I run hot!!!
At the ATA show I came across the www.trail-pod.com this is a camera tree mount, that allows you to put your camera higher in a tree and angles the camera to the ground. It will NOT prevent theft (UNFORETUNATELY) but it's a deterrence, as the THIEF will have to get up into the tree to remove the camera.
You can put the camera up using a ladder and remove the ladder after setting up the camera.
The only negatice to this is, you'll need something to get up the tree every time you want to remove the memory stick and change the batteries--but I guess that's easier than having to replace a camera.

Old 01-24-2007, 01:00 PM
Fork Horn

If you are looking for a good one, make sure you check out the Trail Watcher cams. www.trailwatcher.net.

They've performed well for me and better than the major manufactured brands.

Old 01-25-2007, 07:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a Moultire Gamespy 3.1 and I love it. Takes good pics and didn't cost very much.
Old 01-26-2007, 10:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for all the replies and good info! I went with the Cuddeback Expert after seeing Il-Cornfed's pics of the turkeys in the creek. I'd love to have the pic of the two turkeys enlarged and framed and on the wall!

I hope I don't have the trouble you guys are talking about with theft....I will use it in a remote area in New Mexico on private land where there hasn't been any trespassing or poaching that we know of. Might have to dust off the old 12 gauge just in case.....
Old 01-26-2007, 10:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

go with the cuddeback expert, or if you can find the 05 cudde they were absolutely awesome!!