Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Best trail cam?

Old 01-07-2007, 08:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Best trail cam?

I have read several reviews on trail cams....pro and con. I was all set to buy a Cuddeback Excite until I read some very bad reviews here and decided to hold off. I'm looking for a dependable trail cam and would spend up to $450 for a good one. I'm not sure about the infra-red vs. flash....would like to hear about experiences with either. I want something that works like it is advertised towork and wonder about reports of "junk" that doesn't work right out of the box. Is the stuff really that bad or possibly a case of the operator not knowing how to operate it? If it doesn't work brand new, I wonder why they aren't returned for a replacement or refund.
What are the brands to look at? Which one is best? Which ones do I stay away from? thx Ray
Old 01-08-2007, 07:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Best trail cam?

If i was you i would go with a 50 dollar one just in the case that some one takes it when you are not there. I bought 5 in the past couple of years and alll of them cost over 200 and now they are all gone. It all happened in the one weekend i was not there. The 50 dollar ones work good for the price and are easy to use.
Old 01-18-2007, 03:31 PM
Fork Horn

I have the Cuddeback No-Flash and have not had any issues with it. Battery life is longer than I expected. A couple of weeks ago a branch from a tree landed in front of the camera sensor and I got 1 picture every minute for 2 days. When I came to swap the flash cards there were 1200+ pictures taken in a week. Still had a battery level of 1 and took my picture as I approched the camera.
Old 01-20-2007, 07:53 AM
Typical Buck

I have owned plenty, and my best ones are ones that my buddy built for me, out of Sony p-41 cameras, and the best one I have is made out of a Olympus d 380, triggers FAST FAST, and is great for trails or food plots....He charges me 350.00 for them, but the good thing is, I can still take them out of the unit and use them as a normal digital camera, each one will take around 700 pictures before its full, they also have 256 cards in them...
Old 01-21-2007, 11:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

I own several different digital trail cams and the 2 Cuddeback Expert models I have are clearly the BEST. They take an excellent high quality image and have the coolest options and settingscompared to any ofthe other cams I have.

From fast movingleaping deer in freezing temps...

to sneaking mid day turkey hidding in the shadows (excuse the AM vs PM time, I'm an idiot)

Old 01-21-2007, 06:18 PM
Fork Horn

wow, that cuddeback takes some nice pics.....i'm gonna have to check them out
Old 01-21-2007, 07:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: killzonearchery

If i was you i would go with a 50 dollar one just in the case that some one takes it when you are not there. I bought 5 in the past couple of years and alll of them cost over 200 and now they are all gone. It all happened in the one weekend i was not there. The 50 dollar ones work good for the price and are easy to use.
i agree with you, i just had friend yesterday call me and told me someone stoled his off his privateland..

it was 500 dollars,OH MY..the low lifes KNOW you are putting these things out now..they watch where you go with binoculars,then when you are not around, out they go..

he said they lost 3 treestands also, they put them up on sat before deer here in pa..came out monday, and all 3 were gone..he had them locked too at top on tree..

they are carrying rechargeable DREMEL TOOLS with that cutting disc..nothing to cut a cable or chain off..

people are getting hard up and they will do this..they are selling these things for money /drugs..

he has idea who did it too, and went after him,he said,get off my back or i will have you arrested..you figure..
Old 01-21-2007, 08:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: killzonearchery

If i was you i would go with a 50 dollar one just in the case that some one takes it when you are not there.
No thanks! I want my trail cams so that I'm able to enjoy some quality images. It's also nice to have a cam that not only takes a clear quality photo but also works as advertised, features a fast trigger so it doesn't miss half the game that walks past it and also a cam that's good on battery life. As you are fully aware of, there is a reason those cams are only $50! You get what you pay for.
Old 01-21-2007, 08:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: sproulman

they are carrying rechargeable DREMEL TOOLS with that cutting disc..nothing to cut a cable or chain off..

people are getting hard up and they will do this..they are selling these things for money /drugs..

Atleast when some lowlife does one day decide toswipe my Cuddebacks they won't be reselling the units because they will NOT work without my password. Granted, I'll still be outthe $400 per unit but I'll have some satisfaction in knowing that no one will ever be using it!
Old 01-23-2007, 03:17 PM

Best thing to do hide a cheap trail cam somewhere facing your stand or one of your random nice trail cams so if someone ever does come steal the nice ones you will have evidence. Just be creative about where you hide it!

Quick Reply: Best trail cam?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.