Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
 Cuddeback Excite Problems >

Cuddeback Excite Problems

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Cuddeback Excite Problems

Old 11-06-2006, 02:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Cuddeback Excite Problems

I bought a Cuddeback Excite about a month or so ago and have yet to put it out in the woods. The problem I'm having is that the camera just doesn't seem to be writing to the memory card. It turns on, snaps a photo, says "Don't remove card" or whatever while it's saving it, and then goes back to normal live mode. I shut it off, remove the card, and there's nothing on it!

Anyone else having trouble with these things?
Old 11-07-2006, 05:38 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Cuddeback Excite Problems

I'm having a simmilar problem with my moultrie. The camera is in a spot where I can see the flash fire from the house but when I check it there is no photos on the SD card. I've tried different SD cards and it dosen't seem to matter. Then after a couple of days there will be some photos on it.
Old 11-07-2006, 08:02 AM

if you call cuddeback about 300 times you might get through and she can walk you through the steps to make it work. I have 4 Excites, they are crap! I hate em and cuddeback is really hard to deal with! Good luck
Old 11-07-2006, 08:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well that's great to hear. I'm gonna mess with it a little bit more before I try calling them.
Old 11-07-2006, 09:47 AM
Typical Buck

Justin,

Have you tried to use a different memory card? They have been known to go bad.
Old 11-07-2006, 01:07 PM
Spike

on my excite, if you push the button on the far left within one minute of the pic being taken, the pic is not saved to mem. card. this erases pics caught of you checking the cam. not sure if this the prob. but thought id add my exp.

JL
Old 11-07-2006, 02:36 PM
Fork Horn

I have an excite also and the 2005 cudde is much better. With the colder weather here lately I'm getting maybe 200 pics to a set of batteries. If you screw the screw in tight the batteries fall out. Case design is junk. Mine still takes nice pics, but the design is junk. I don't get it. Same price for the cameras and you get a screw this year. Last year a plastic bag with goodies...cable..etc. Cudde is going to lose lots of $$ soon if they don't pull their heads out. I'm tempted to off my excite.
Old 11-08-2006, 10:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry to hear that man. I have had mine (2004 model) in 3 times this year. They got it to start writing to the card now but I got 11 pictures of the field this past week. Not sure if the trigger speed is bad or what. I have it on an active scrape that is showing activity and still no pictures of deer. Very hard to understand a $400 camera that fails after 2 years. Best of luck with the customer service.
Old 11-08-2006, 01:51 PM
Super Moderator

Buy a camtrakker.
Old 11-09-2006, 09:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: ryanaller

Justin,

Have you tried to use a different memory card? They have been known to go bad.
Try two different cards, both brand new. Same luck with both fo them. After I'm done hunting tonight I'm gonna tinker with it some more. I'm gonna be out by the massive rub this weekend and really want to get a camera on it. Worse comes to worse I'll pull my 35mm CamTrakker from one farm and move it over there.

Who knew these things were such a PITA.[:@]

Quick Reply: Cuddeback Excite Problems

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.