Community
Traditional Muzzleloading Forum Firearm Types open for discussion: Pre-Flintlock, Flintlock, & Side-lock Percussion. Smoothbores, Muskets, Rifles, Shotguns, Pistols & BP Revolvers, only

Come on guys

Old 03-28-2016, 04:44 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Come on guys

Its spring already. Why aren't we seeing any reports on range time?
I mean the weather has been cooperating in most parts of the country. I have a good excuse. I'm in FL and not a clue where to shoot.
When I get back in May, after I get my gobbler (I hope) I will be starting shooting in earnest. I have a N. Carolina deer/hog hunt scheduled and if I'm lucky I'll draw a ME moose tag.
For the deer/hog hunt I'm going to take my .54 flinter and my .58 caplock and probably my CVA Accura.
For moose it will be the.58 all the way.
Old 03-28-2016, 05:05 PM
Fork Horn

Were are you in FL maybe I can help you with ranges in your area. i'm in Central FL.
Old 03-28-2016, 05:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

It might be spring in Florida, but it's snowing here.
Old 03-28-2016, 05:58 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
It might be spring in Florida, but it's snowing here.
Feels like it's summer already! Had some nasty thunderstorms the last couple days. Got the first hail of the season yesterday at my house. Just pea size but still early.
Old 03-28-2016, 09:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bronko, the weather here has been changing on a dime every day for the past 2 months now. Sunshine at 8am and 60 degrees, 8:20am rain with sleet mixed in!!! Weatherman around here gave up even their usual "coin flip" predictions and just say "your guess is probably better than mine"! Hell, I have a range 50 yards off my back porch and haven't even had good shooting time!!!
Old 03-29-2016, 05:46 AM
Dominant Buck

Kind of the same story here. Mornings nice and cool, below freezing and it looks sunny. Then suddenly the temp comes up a little and it turns over cast. They are talking a good snow storm coming Thursday. The weatherman joked about snow machines again. This had been crazy here.
Old 03-29-2016, 06:31 AM
Boone & Crockett

I went to the hunting lease last weekend with three guns in the truck. Rifle range was so sloppy with soft mud and standing water that I didn't even attempt to set out a target. Hoping to have a first session with the .58 Hefty Hawken on Saturday.

Old 03-29-2016, 08:33 AM
Boone & Crockett

On Sat. i went to our property north of Elmore City, OK with the secondary intention to shooting the .50 Black Diamond on the range there.

Got out the gun and put everything on the bench. One little detail: i forgot the powder.
Old 03-29-2016, 08:45 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by falcon
On Sat. i went to our property north of Elmore City, OK with the secondary intention to shooting the .50 Black Diamond on the range there.

Got out the gun and put everything on the bench. One little detail: i forgot the powder.

I have done that a few times myself. But my saving grace is my powder was only twenty feet away. You really want to feel foolish, picture this ... your on your hunting stand up in a tree, rifle loaded at the house before you walked out. And as you sat there you suddenly notice ... no ramrod in the ramrod thimbles. Then you remember, its leaning by the back door where you left it. Now the question ... do you remain hunting betting you can do it with one shot ... or do you walk back to the house?

I stayed in the stand that morning and by nine o'clock had a nice doe dead, on the ground.
Old 03-29-2016, 11:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've been fishing in my spare time. The Mrs. and I just had a nice meal of fresh caught Bullheads today!

BPS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.