Community
Traditional Muzzleloading Forum Firearm Types open for discussion: Pre-Flintlock, Flintlock, & Side-lock Percussion. Smoothbores, Muskets, Rifles, Shotguns, Pistols & BP Revolvers, only

Come on guys

Old 03-29-2016, 03:33 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Blackpowdersmoke
I've been fishing in my spare time. The Mrs. and I just had a nice meal of fresh caught Bullheads today!

BPS
Man its been ages since I had some home cooked catfish! My mom made the best fried catfish I ever ate. As I recall she just used butter and onion and salt and pepper. No bread or cracker crumbs. Nice and crispy outside and soft juicy and flaky inside. Darn it now my mouth's watering.
Old 03-29-2016, 04:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have actually been working!!!

I started selling real estate in June and I'm concentrating on rural properties, so far it's going great!!! As most know when you start a new business it takes working long hours, the nice thing is, it doesn't seem like work when you are walking new properties and taking pictures!!! Thankfully, I've closed 5 deals this year so it's all coming together for me...
Old 03-30-2016, 12:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by nchawkeye
I have actually been working!!!

I started selling real estate in June and I'm concentrating on rural properties, so far it's going great!!! As most know when you start a new business it takes working long hours, the nice thing is, it doesn't seem like work when you are walking new properties and taking pictures!!! Thankfully, I've closed 5 deals this year so it's all coming together for me...
Nothing personal nc... but where I call home, realtors are as unliked and unwelcomed by us natives as revenuers are by the folks in Appalachia. 😠

BPS
Old 03-30-2016, 01:09 PM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by Blackpowdersmoke
I've been fishing in my spare time. The Mrs. and I just had a nice meal of fresh caught Bullheads today!

BPS
When I was a kid, I used to fish this lake close by me. Especially in the spring. Now I never could figure it but Bullhead was one fish the family would not eat. In fact we'd catch them and bury them in the garden.

One spring day I was out with a can of worms, and pole. I took a 5 gallon pail with me to sit on as where I went it was kind of wet and muddy. By the end of that day, I had all but filled that bucket (probably twenty or more large spring bullheads) with bullheads.

Got home, and a friend told me how to skin them. So instead of going to the garden I went to the shop, and skinned all them bullhead. I then begged Mom to roll them in her breading and cook then for me. I really wanted to try them. Well she did. And the rest of the family saw me sitting there really enjoying the fish, so they started eating them.

We never buried another bullhead after that. That has to be one of my favorite spring time fish. Of course the suckers and red horse will run soon. So its time to catch them and then smoke them. Oh the pleasure of smoked carp, suckers, and red horse, with a box of Ritz Crackers.
Old 03-30-2016, 05:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

So lemmi get this straight cayu, your family would eat smoked carp but would bury catfish????? That's about as backwards as I think I have ever heard!
Old 03-31-2016, 07:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by super_hunt54
So lemmi get this straight cayu, your family would eat smoked carp but would bury catfish????? That's about as backwards as I think I have ever heard!
I have to agree with ya on that sh54. I've eaten suckers that were taken from a cold clean stream in the spring or gigged through the ice, but I don't think I could ever bring myself to eat Carp. Those things will live and thrive in raw sewage. They're fun to catch or shoot with a bow. Other than that, they're fertilizer.

BPS
Old 03-31-2016, 11:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah I used to fish for Carp all the time. They tug a hell of a line that's for sure. But eating one? Never!! They sure do make a really good fertilizer for a mater patch though
Old 03-31-2016, 12:33 PM
Dominant Buck

The local fish buyer around here usually buys around 10,000 pounds of bull head every spring. Somebody must like them.
Old 03-31-2016, 02:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here's a little tribute to my fellow Bullheaders out there....

BPS
Old 03-31-2016, 05:27 PM
Banned

It's spring huh? If that's the case, it snowed 10" 4 days ago, and today its snowing.

Let me find that gopher that said it will be an early spring. I'll make soup out of that rat.

Good for the plots though! I planted chickory in the clover/alfalfa plot before the big snow hit. Should germinate quite nicely now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.