Community
Traditional Muzzleloading Forum Firearm Types open for discussion: Pre-Flintlock, Flintlock, & Side-lock Percussion. Smoothbores, Muskets, Rifles, Shotguns, Pistols & BP Revolvers, only

Just got confirmation!

Old 02-29-2016, 04:30 PM
Boone & Crockett

Good deal Devil. Someone must have looked on a high shelf and said, "Hey, there's a flinter back here!"

Of course, we'll be looking for a range report.
Old 02-29-2016, 04:36 PM
Banned

Will do!

I have a hog hunt planned with Falcon. Will be headed his way on the 6th of march. I have some time to get this flinter sighted in and take it IF I feel comfortable with it. I think 75 yards may be my max range with it for now.

Just got her cleaned up, bore looks amazing, nice deep rifling, the breech is drilled at and angle so when you load the main charge, it funnels it into the touch hole liner area. I liked that, hopefully its an improvement.

Took some bore pics as well. All looks well except for some scratches here and there. The rifling is sharp, so I'll run about 20 shots through it with my shoot out lube to smooth out those imperfections.

I'll have more to come later on down the road.

More testing tomorrow in denver to see if my neck has nerve damage as the shots wore off less than 3 months after getting them. booo!
Old 02-29-2016, 05:56 PM
Banned

I cleaned the lock and removed the vasoline stuff on the frizzen spring, relubed with my anti rust lube, insides got a coating of barricade, installed a new french amber flint wrapped in leather.

At first, the frizzen wouldnt completely open. The flint was striking less than half way ( Wont fully open when striking half way on frizzen) on the frizzen, so I flipped it and it was almost hitting the top of the frizzen. Gave that a try and she threw a nice shower of sparks into the pan which sat down there sizzling for at least 1/2 a second before going out. I did it about a dozen more times with excellent results.

Overall, I am very happy with the rifle! Bore looks clean and feels super smooth. Some scratches in the rifling but I will take care of that easily. Nice clean trigger, great looking stock.

I'll have more pics and info later when I get to shooting her.