Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Traditional Archery
 Need New Pair Of Hunting Boots? >

Need New Pair Of Hunting Boots?

Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Need New Pair Of Hunting Boots?

Old 03-13-2005, 11:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Need New Pair Of Hunting Boots?

I've put my meindle's through bad to worse and back and love them, not to mention the customer service is great at cabela's. My stitches were cut something fierce on those boots after the sheep hunt. I wore then on my sheep hunt for 17 days, moose hunt for 5 days, wyoming elk hunt for close to a month, then a week long caribou hunt the first week in october. They were heavy for a elk hunter imho but great for everything else. I went to a pair of sneakers for elk, it's amazing how fast them stinkers are/were, coupled with the fact I had never hunted them before and I was t rying to hunt them like sheep didnt help, it was definatly a learning experience. Had the chance at a few small bulls up close and choose to pass, no need to end things that early in a long hunt.
Old 03-14-2005, 10:10 AM
Fork Horn

Like Lil, I'm really happy with my current pair of Meindls. I've got the Nepal Pro model (which I don't think Cabellas sells). A little heavier than some but it's a boot I can walk 10-15 miles a day in and not have to take them off when I get back to camp.

I put a bit more cash out-lay in my boots but in the long run I'd rather have a pair that fits right out of the box than have to deal with a "break in" period on a lesser quality pair. In the last 25 years I've had Koflachs, Scarpa, Asolo and now Meindls ( I liked the Asolo the least) and each pair has been a blister free experience right out of the box.

RC
Old 03-15-2005, 07:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

I would say that if your hunting in the mountains, then you should look at a lace to toe boot. I have used Danner Elk Hunters in the past and really love the support I can get with them. If you are looking to go a bit cheaper, check out Cabelas Trophy series hunting boot. I have used them in the mountains also.