Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Traditional Archery
 Need New Pair Of Hunting Boots? >

Need New Pair Of Hunting Boots?

Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Need New Pair Of Hunting Boots?

Old 03-12-2005, 10:55 AM

Default Need New Pair Of Hunting Boots?

Well, my pair of waterproof insulated, Wolverine Sportsman boots I baught at Wal-Mart over 9 years ago, have seen their last days, they are coming apart, So I have narrowed my choices down to two boot, both sold at Cabelas, they are,
Rocky Sport Utility Pro, waterproof with 600 grams of thinsulate $79.95
or
Wolverine 12 Point Sent-Lok Waterproof Boots, with 200 grams of thinsulate 79.95

Wich would be the better boot, I do allot of walking in mountainous, rocky terrain. Thanks
Old 03-12-2005, 11:10 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Need New Pair Of Hunting Boots?

I can't comment on those two--they don't come in a size that fits me. The best wearing, best fitting boot I've found in the Muck "Woody"--I love it. It gives very good support (I got to have that), very comfortable, and plenty warm for MS weather. For cold weather, or cold feet, there is the Woody Max with extra Thinsulate. They cost a little more than the ones you listed, but they are the best (for me) I've found.

Chad
Old 03-12-2005, 11:11 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

You might have better luck on the hunting gear forum--just thought of that.

Chad
Old 03-12-2005, 02:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

LOL! I'm in the same boat. Nobody makes huntin' boots in 15 narrow. I do all my hunting in court shoes or crosstrainers. The briars eat my ankles alive but, after all these years, I'm used to leaving little bits of me behind in the woods.
Old 03-12-2005, 08:36 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Shew--and I thought I had it rough with a 14 EEEE (yes, that's four "E"). I was so happy when New Balance started making shoes for us guys whose feet are almost as wide as they are long--I dang near cried when I first tried on a pair of Muck Woodies!

Chad
Old 03-12-2005, 09:06 PM

woody's all the way.there is their fieldmasters for early season{$70.00} but the traction aint the best. the woody's are great year around for me
Old 03-12-2005, 11:02 PM

Thanks Chad and Mike, I will take a look.
Old 03-13-2005, 01:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Not knowing where you are from or how you are hunting. If you are doing any "rugged" to extreme hunting I'd recommend the cabela's Miendle's Ak Hunters. I have a pair, love them, ended up having problems in which cabela's fixed in a extremely fast timely manner. The boot is great though slightly heavy imho.

For a typical whitetail hunter there is no need for anything other then a decent albeit cheap pair of leathers or hiking boots found at most stores. With a decent pair of insoles, I like super feet personally, you change a cheap pair of walmart specials to a spendy pair of boots with great support. There is no one perfect boot, fit it to your environment and you'll be happy.
Old 03-13-2005, 07:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

ROTFLMAO, Chad. Don't know which is worse... Having skis hooked on the bottom of your legs like I do or having snowshoes like you do.
Old 03-13-2005, 09:15 AM

Lil Hunter, I did look at the Woodys and I am not loking for rubber boots, I hunt in the Sierra Nevadas, Western Coastal mountains, so a good boot like I suggested or you suggested is hat I am looking for.

Quick Reply: Need New Pair Of Hunting Boots?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.