Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Good Pair Of Boots

Old 10-13-2008, 10:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Good Pair Of Boots

Looking for a pair of boots to replace the Danners I own.I use them in conjunction with a pair of hiking boots if there is no snow on the groundI just cannot get a pair of Danners to fit my feet. Actually looking for a cross between 8" boots and a hiking shoe and with minimal insulation. Looked at Meindls and the other boot Cabelas offers but only know 1 person that owned Meindls(Canada hunter) and they raved about them.Any ideas?
Old 10-13-2008, 11:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Good Pair Of Boots

My personal preference is Red Wing Irish Setter Trackers w/ 400 gr. Thinsulate. They are light, waterproof, 8" and airbob soles. Mine are as comfortable as gym shoes. I have used themat 70 degrees and dry, -10 degrees and snow to your knees. My feet stayed warm as long as I kept snow from getting in over the top.
Old 10-13-2008, 11:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

They sound good Thanks .. I found Elk Trackers I am assuming they are the ones
Old 10-13-2008, 11:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a pair of the Irish Setter Trackers and was disappointed in them on this years elk hunt. They are comfortable and I didn't wear a blister, but when walking through heavy wet brush with rain pants on, somehow they got wet and with the goretex liner were almost impossible to dry back out. I finally got them dry after the sun came out and wore them again and somehow they got wet again. My backup pair of Rocky Stalker's aren't as comfortable but they stayed dry and didn't rub any blisters and I bought them the week before leaving on the trip and only wore them twice before needing them because my others got wet.

Not ready to write the Irish Setters off yet, but they didn't work so good in wet brush that's for sure.
Old 10-13-2008, 02:04 PM
Fork Horn

take a look at Kenetrek boots...know the owner, great boots!!!! spendy but worth it!!!!

http://www.kenetrek.com/

Old 10-13-2008, 02:41 PM
Typical Buck

I don't think you can beat a pair of meindls. I have been wearing them for 18 years and love them. Have not found anything they can't do, except run the hundred in 10 seconds.
Old 10-14-2008, 08:14 AM
Fork Horn

I really like my Cabelas Outfitter Pro Series boots. They are as comfortable as my Danners. I also have never heard a bad review of the Meindls.
Old 10-14-2008, 07:22 PM
Typical Buck

Check out the Vasque boots as well. They are a high quality boot, stand up well,and fit me well when none of the other excellant brands have.
Old 10-18-2008, 12:19 PM
Fork Horn

I agree with MTdream on the Kenetreks. I have the Hardscrabble and 13" Grizzly and have been 100% happy with both. Definitely worth a look if you're in the market for new huntin' boots.

http://www.kenetrek.com/

AK Jeff

Old 10-18-2008, 02:54 PM

I have a pair of Asolos that can take all of the abuse you want to give them. I rarely shell out $200 for a piece of gear, but they look like newafter 100 miles.

Quick Reply: Good Pair Of Boots

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.