Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Howatt Super Diablo

Old 01-21-2005, 11:38 AM

Default Howatt Super Diablo

Does anyone in here shoot a Damon Howatt Super Diablo?
Old 01-29-2005, 06:51 PM

Default RE: Howatt Super Diablo

No but I have a Hunter and it rocks. The SD is just a bit smaller. They're great bows for the money, fast as hell. I just can't pull mine anymore. They do stack a bit.
Old 02-01-2005, 01:13 AM

I've had my Diablo for about 12 years now. It is a fast and smooth bow. It pulls 63 lbs at my draw length.(checked it on a scale) It doesn't seem to stack much for me.I was just wondering if anyone else had one and liked it as well as I do mine? I haven't shot it for a couple of years now and am really considering taking up bowhunting again. The last time I shot it, was at a 3-D tournament. It had computerized popup targets. It was awesome! I got third at the shoot. Considering the talent there, that was pretty good. It's been nearly a decade since I have bowhunted. I have and still own a compound, but just don't like all the gadgets and stuff that go with it. Give me a calf hair tab and a quiver filled with a dozen arrows and I'm good to go. I'm thinking about making my own arrows too.
Old 02-07-2005, 06:25 PM

good stuff. I can't shoot my Hunter anymore. It's marked 65 lbs but at 29"
it tested to 72. My shoulder is messed up from years of shooting and flyfishing. I eventually went to a 55 lb longbow, a Bighorn, which is most beautiful.
Making your own arrows is amazing. I use an old Bitzenburger fletch jig. Slow, but excellent.
Old 02-10-2005, 10:09 AM

I shot a hunter for 8 yrs. and loved it. It seemed to love whitetails as much as me. However it met it's doom, my X burned it. I guess she was jealous. It proved to be much more faitful than her. "WARNING" women can be harmful to ones hunting and fishing equipment!!!!! Educate a kid not a deer!!
Old 02-11-2005, 01:39 AM

That's an aweful thing to have happen! She sounds almost as bad as my Ex! Mine took my Black Lab!
Old 02-18-2005, 06:31 PM

Aw dude that sucks. Like a lot of avid hunters/fishermen, I am divorced, but my ex took out her anger in other more conventional ways. I remember running out to shoot the hunter to blow off steam one day after a huge fight, though. Its not the first time I've heard stuff like this.
It's a symbolic thing of course. The bow can be replaced, but those fond memories you once had together will always remain.