Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Recurves for Lefty's

Old 01-13-2005, 05:08 PM

Default Recurves for Lefty's

I am lefteye dominant and although my right side is stronger have found that I shoot a shotgun and rifle much better off my left shoulder. I am going to get into bowhunting and would like to use a recurve. Looking at the various websites it seems there are few lefthanded recurves out there. As I am just starting I had thought to get a low draw weight bow to learn on and move up to a hunting weight later.

Any suggestions for an entry Left handed recurve?
Old 01-13-2005, 08:17 PM

Default RE: Recurves for Lefty's

I am in the same position as you! I have one question to add if you don't mind. If I am left eye dominant and right handed, should I get a left handed bow or a right handed bow?
Old 01-13-2005, 09:42 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Used left-handed bows are harder to come by, but they are there--just have to look a little harder. Lamont Granger at The Footed Shaft usually stocks several used left-hand bows, but I couldn't say what the price range is. You can a new bow in a lefty, although some catalogs limit your choices with production bows. You should be able to get any custom in a left-hand.

Zak, if I were in your shoes I'd probably learn to shoot left-handed. There are folks that shoot cross dominant--some really well--but as I was told it can be a real pain figuring it out.

Chad
Old 01-19-2005, 08:03 AM

I'm a lefty which limits your ability to easily find bows to test shoot. Finding used bows is not that hard if you keep a lookout for them. Heres a link to Womens Outdoors Classifieds where the are a number of used bows listed. Just keep on checking in to see whats available, someone here should be able to tell you if the bow is a good choice or not.

Woman's Outdoors Classifieds