Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Hey Chad

Old 07-24-2004, 07:30 AM

Default Hey Chad

Chad, what kind of Bamboo failure did Chek-Mate experience in their testing? I couldn;t find a used Crusader so ended up buying a used H.H. Wesley Special which is a sweet shooting bow. Now ya got me wondering.

=keith=
Old 07-24-2004, 08:44 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Hey Chad

I really don't know enough to give the details, it was just enough for them to question the durability over the long-haul. With the amount of bows CM puts out and the price they sell them for, they have to be 110% convinced the material is going to be good for a long time. If they were only building 50-100 bows a year and/or selling them for $800-$1,000 each, they could afford to have one come apart now and then. As it stands though, with 500-750 or more a year going through and a narrow profit margin, even a small percentage of failures would really hurt.

Don't loose any sleep over the Wesley Special. Evidently the Hill bow company hasn't found the same reason for concern. Different bowyers have different experiences, and each has to go with what they know works for them.

Chad