Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Favorite Longbow?

Old 07-21-2004, 01:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Favorite Longbow?

Sounds great!

Bob, I'd post some pics but my 'puter is on the fritz & I can't open the dang program to DL from my camera.

See if you can go and borrow the neighbors!!!
Old 07-21-2004, 04:09 PM
Typical Buck

Here are a couple pics. Ours look identical to this:

Old 07-21-2004, 04:14 PM
Typical Buck

Actually that's a pic of Karens bow. It was one of the 1st CX's OL made & Karen tested it for a couple mos. before deciding that was the one she wanted. We sent it back to be refinished & I had OL make mine to match.

BTW, the limbs are black, I donno why they came out that color in the picture.
Old 07-22-2004, 12:03 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Man Vic, I'm jealous! Shoot, with what you have spent on bows lately I'd be 1/2-way to Oz for my water buffalo! [:@] Guess I'll have two bows to check out at the KK next year! [8D] I should have "The Whizzer of Oz" (the [email protected] td Crusader I have on order) by then, I might even let you hold it while I put your bows to the test.

Congrats bro! Know you will break in it right this coming season. Now, if I could just get Betsy to start shooting a Crusader......but she is tickled with her td recurve [:'(] and doing really well with it.

Chad
Old 07-22-2004, 02:24 AM
Typical Buck

Chad, the only $$ I've been out [lately] is on the BW 'curve. That's one good thing about OL's long 2 yr + wait, it makes the bow(s) much more affordable.

Well, I'm out the door on the way to Canada on a company venture, be back Monday or Tuesday. Keep em straight y'all.
Old 07-22-2004, 10:46 AM

Coming from a complete novice in Traditinal archery, but the workmanship on those bows looks beautiful. If it shoots half as good as it looks you'll be sitt'n pretty!
Old 07-22-2004, 12:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

Very Nice!!!

Have a safe trip.
Old 07-24-2004, 11:42 AM

My Favorite longbow is the Kimsha Mattawoman II. Sweet shooter that still looks like a longbow.
Old 07-27-2004, 08:41 PM
Typical Buck

Well, back from Niagra Falls. Man, whatta great trip we had!

Anyhooo, got in late yesterday evening & still had enuff light left to step out back & fling a few RRA tapered cedars outta 'Thumper'! Man, Adcock makes an awesome bow!

My plan was to tune/detune my new longbow & my recurve until both shoot very close to the same (for me), then take 'em on an upcoming (Sept '05) caribou hunt & attempt to kill a nice bull w/both bows. Would that be awesome or WHAT!!? Now I figured it would be fairly difficult to get both bows shooting the same POI at 20 yds, but they already shoot very very close. I may (or may not) need to do a tad more tweeking on one or the other before I'm completely satisfied, but it's looking like getting the bows to shoot together is gonna be much easier than I had anticipated! YEEEOW-ZAAA!
Old 08-07-2004, 09:23 AM

Chad,

Have to say the 2 piece Crusader is also my favorite longbow, and my 2 piece Attila is my favorite short recurve. Love the "black look". The Attila will outshoot a BW SAG. It did my Widow, anyway.. Sold the BW and really don't miss it..lol..
Good shooting to all of you..

Calabash