Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

New Stick

Old 04-13-2004, 06:17 AM

Default New Stick

Alright, I love my Windstorm longbow...but I'm ready to get somethin' new, and I was hoping you guys could give me a hand. I have shot stickbows for...three years, but this will be my first hunting stick. I pull 43 pound at 26 inches. I can only dish out about 250 dollars right now...so, what do you guys think?
I was takin hard looks at Martins "Stick" Longbow and Check Mates Falcon
-Thanks
Old 04-13-2004, 06:55 AM

Default RE: New Stick

I know it is not a longbow, but the Check-Mate Falcon you mentioned is a great bow for the money ( a great bow period). I have one with a Bubinga Riser and Red Elm limbs with clear glass that got me started in this whole stickbow pastime. I ordered mine from stock at archerybymail.com and got it quickly. They normally stock quite a few so they have some variety. You might also look at the (Check-Mate)Attila since you are drawing 26", this shorter bow (56") might give you more bang for your buck and it is only about $20 more than the Falcon.

Enjoy

Kirk