Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 anything stick out to you? >

anything stick out to you?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

anything stick out to you?

Old 07-20-2008, 03:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default anything stick out to you?

i know this ground like the back of my hand.. jus curious if anything sticks out to you guys or where you would put stands.... not a real big piece but it works... when it comes to lookin at these maps im bout clueless to what im lookin for......red properity lines... yellow roads... blue creek

Old 07-20-2008, 04:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: anything stick out to you?

Good looking spot. I would focus on the creek myself. I have hunted creeks for years and when the rut kicks in and bucks start moving that creek is going to get some traffic. The road that crosses the creek would be a good spot to enter and exit from. Find you a spot that if a buck travels the creek that he will have to cross. Sharp turns in the creek usually have some good crossing areas.
Old 07-20-2008, 04:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yep, I'd also focus on the creek, find a good bend or where it splits on your map.
Old 07-20-2008, 05:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Can you zoom out so we can see what kind of stuff is around the property? I'd definitely puta stand at the on the little corner of the creek. The one that is just a little east of the property line.
Old 07-20-2008, 06:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would put a stand right down there where that creek spilts into a Y. Also if North is top of the map than right east of that spilt in the creek looks to be some sort of circular opening. I would check that out too.
Old 07-20-2008, 06:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

i'll second that
ORIGINAL: 2 Lunger

I would put a stand right down there where that creek spilts into a Y. Also if North is top of the map than right east of that spilt in the creek looks to be some sort of circular opening. I would check that out too.
Old 07-21-2008, 01:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would check out the area I have colored in for you!! Haha[:-]

Old 07-21-2008, 01:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

heres a look lil more zoomed out... white is main roads.pink is trains..yellow is corn... i actually missed the biggest buck i ever had a chance at on the piece or ground with a bow an my buddy killed it in the corn... i know there traveling to the corn ......there deer constantly being killed crossin the road to the corn.... there crossin at night to eat comin back in the mornin to bed....

Old 07-21-2008, 01:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

This spot seems to jump out at me, change in timber, maybe anold over grown field. Possibly a flat over looking that creek.Do you have a topo? It will tell you more.

Old 07-21-2008, 02:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here you go Dave, a topo of the land, that should be a good spot. Transition from old timber to new timber, nice flat with a gentle slope to the creek.

Quick Reply: anything stick out to you?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.