Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 I think I'll stick to an X-bow >

I think I'll stick to an X-bow

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

I think I'll stick to an X-bow

Old 01-29-2006, 03:49 PM

Default I think I'll stick to an X-bow

Well I shot a compound for the first time yesterday and the results weren't good. First 2 shots I hit the round bale, about 2 feet low, and 2 feet to the left. They made me move back and I shot one into a fence post laying on the ground beside the bale, one off the snow and into the bale, and one in the post again. I had to cut one out with a saw!

I'll stick to my crossbow for hunting. ONE SHOT, ONE CHOICE, HORTON. (or just about any other crossbow)[&:]

[/align]
Old 01-29-2006, 04:51 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: I think I'll stick to an X-bow

sounds like they didnt show you the proper way to sight the compound that happened to me the first time I shot a compound ,, believe me if I could use a compound without without being in pain I would I would have a BowTech Tribute,, take time to get used to shooting a compound and I think you would like one..
Old 01-29-2006, 07:12 PM

I will admit that they are fun to shoot but I don't plan on ever hunting with one. I like not having to worry about the target of a lifetime getting away.

[/align]
Old 01-30-2006, 10:07 AM
Fork Horn

I never can go back to a vertical bow and after shooting my Quad 300 three years ago now, would not want to. It sets to my shoulder like my rifles and shoots like a bow, and within the yardage it is designed for, kills very well. If alowed to go back to a vertical bow now, I'd choose not to.
Old 01-31-2006, 04:02 AM
Dominant Buck

I took up vert bow hunting a few years ago to get the extra 2 months of deer hunting , and I still shoot that bow occasionally , but I don't think I'll ever develop the passion for it that some folks seem to . I mean it's kinda fun , but I'm a meat hunter first and foremost , I want to know for sure that when I release that arrow that it'll go where I aim . Compounds have too many things that can go wrong , my recurve is nice but not designed for someone who wears glasses . When I level my crossbow at a deer I know that bolt is gonna hit where it's supposed to every time , and that's the name of the game .
Old 01-31-2006, 08:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

I grew up shooting a bow, my dad built long bows, I have built recurves,I shot exibition at one time, and I use a crossbow because they are less likly to get me in a situation where I have to chase wounded game.Lee