Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

FAVORITE HUNTING BOW?

Old 02-26-2004, 09:26 AM

Default FAVORITE HUNTING BOW?

What bow is your favorite bow to hunt with? Recurve? Longbow? What's the make, model, etc.. Add some whys and what fors if you feel like it. Just an informal poll for my on info.

THANKS!
Old 02-26-2004, 09:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: FAVORITE HUNTING BOW?

What's my favorite hunting bow, between longbow and recurve? My answer is YES.

Actually, my current favorite bow is my new Chek-Mate Kings Pawn Special, 51#@32" but, since it doesn't stack, I wound up drawing 33" with it. 64" long, 1-piece, bubinga riser with red elm lams under clear glass. Nice and light, not much heavier to carry than my homemade longbow. Hasn't gone hunting yet, but it will go to the woods, ASAP!
Old 02-26-2004, 10:11 AM

SOUNDS LIKE A WINNER, ARTHUR.
DID'NT YOU STATE IN ANOTHER THREAD THAT CHECK-MATE WAS ALSO REASONABLY PRICED?
Old 02-26-2004, 10:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Right now my favorite hunting bow is a 60" Zipper Extreme T/D,52#@27".Beautiful bow,great grip,hits where I want it to,and got some snap to it.I recently picked up a Stahl T/D recurve and just started shooting it-never had a chance to hunt with yet.This bow is awesome and I have a custom recurve on order due in a couple more months so who knows what it'll be by hunting season.
Old 02-26-2004, 11:00 AM

Right now mine is a 66" [email protected]" Bill Price Longbow, but I have just started shooting a new two piece Lofton longbow that is a sweet shooter.
Old 02-26-2004, 01:34 PM
Fork Horn

im sorta new (actually first year) hunting with a recurve, although i have shot one some before. anyway, i fell in love with the kodiak magnum, and my 65LBer is gonna fit the bill
brad
Old 02-26-2004, 02:59 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Chek-Mate Crusader longbow, 66", [email protected] Yew limbs, cocobolo riser, cedar arrows, 125 grain broadhead, total arrow weight avg around 630 grains. Proven deadly on rabbits, armidillo, fish, frogs, turtles, grouse (with Hex-Head blunts), and one whitetail (so far). Very good speed (avg. 187 fps on my chrony), extremely smooth (gains 2.5# per inch), and quiet. Fits my hand like no other I've held, very little handshock, backed by a company that has been in bussiness over 30 years under the same ownership. Not much more I could ask for in a bow--it works for me.

Chad
Old 02-26-2004, 05:41 PM
Typical Buck

My 'go to' bow is still a Black Widow MA II Graybark, even tho I've been the gamut looking for something to take its place. I could've saved a whole bunch of money if I'd realized that years ago.

...but ya know, I had a BLAST with all those other bows, so I reckon everything worked out just right. It's been a grand trip to wind up right back where I started (with "Ole #1) & in retrospect, I wouldn't have changed a thing.
Old 02-26-2004, 07:36 PM
COB

Well I have four recurves, two longbow, and one compound. My favorite hunting bow? It's the one I happened to hunting with at that given monent. I love them all equal. Does that make any sense? [>:]
Old 02-26-2004, 07:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

BYUBORN, I wouldn't call a King's Pawn Special 'reasonably priced.' I call it darn inexpensive! Getting a new, made to order, custom bow for $250 with a custom made bowstring vs spending $380 for an off the rack Martin Howatt Hunter...

Quick Reply: FAVORITE HUNTING BOW?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.