Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Traditional Archery
 Its that time folks ... ya'll feeling it too ??? >

Its that time folks ... ya'll feeling it too ???

Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Its that time folks ... ya'll feeling it too ???

Old 12-24-2003, 10:20 AM

Default RE: Its that time folks ... ya'll feeling it too ???

Vic Don't get suckered into that one. We both know if he messes up that Chad has lots of guts that will need scraped up[>:][] I think Chad allready has the perfect strategy though. The best I can figure one o those buffs is gonna walk right on over to graze on his hat and he can stab that arrow rite where he wants it On a serious note that would be a blast to hunt a big critter like that. Take care all and happy holidays
Old 12-24-2003, 11:44 AM
Typical Buck

The best I can figure one o those buffs is gonna walk right on over to graze on his hat ...
Troy, that ain't gonna work if he brings his hat to KK 'cause we'll have all the fruit eaten. Hehehehe![>:]
Old 12-25-2003, 05:11 PM

I have no desire to buy any new bows (own 20+ now), but may be selling a couple though. I do have a 3 piece Navajo Scout I may be selling. I thought about selling my Sley 3 piece recurve, but it sure is pretty. Also, they are no longer available from the bowyer.

I really don't see what the big deal is. I witnessed a mate by the name of Dundee put one of those buffs down with his finger. They can't be to mean the way I see it. Take care...............Tom
Old 12-26-2003, 12:03 AM
Fork Horn

Already ordered a Hunter II, cocobolo riser, yew limbs with becote lams from Chad. I have the itch all the time, just have to temper the urge to prevent the wife from killing me.

I took a hard look at the ACS 3 piece longbow, but they are currently a 24 month wait not to mention the $990. Anybody shooting them?? How do they feel. I was thinking about ordering one anyway as a present to myself for my military retirement.
Old 12-26-2003, 09:14 AM

Tom-TN - Let me know about that 3 piece Sley if you decide to let her go.

dathein - I've shot the ACS bows and they do have better performance. The ones I have shot are 1 piece design - and yep, a 55# ACS shoots like a 58-60# other bow IMO. I'll be getting a 3 piece TD one day ... would love to go ahead and order one but if I did I'd want the works from Morrison I think .... like $1100 or more.

I think I got me another 3 piece TD Adocock with 60# limbs - can't wait to get that one, it'll compliment my current 52# Adcock 3 piece VERY well. I smell elk medicine in this new one
Old 12-27-2003, 06:59 AM

well for the moment the itch is a little better. My Brackenbury got here and The new Widow should be coming in a couple more weeks.Them two bows better cure my itch for awhile or the ol lady might just cure it for me if yall know what I mean
Old 12-27-2003, 01:27 PM

My main thing will be just tinkering with new arrow configs(weight, fletching, and broadheads) to see what can potentially be the better shot. As far as bows go.
I think my fun will be in the new years hunting.
Buying ASAT camo come Feb/March!!!!!
Old 12-27-2003, 10:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Chad,

Those shafts will be here soon. I ordered 3 dozen. I'll send ya a couple of the test shafts to see what ya think after I do some preliminary abuse testing on them. You know the typical bounce them off frozen birch tree's, mastadon tusks, weigh and spine them sorta deal. If it works I'll order them by the bundle and sort you out a set for your baby crusader.

btw,

I have a sentman competition, 65lbs 68"es if anyone is interested. right hand and in mint shape!