Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Ever just had "that feeling"? >

Ever just had "that feeling"?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Ever just had "that feeling"?

Old 11-05-2007, 02:01 PM
Dominant Buck

Default Ever just had "that feeling"?

I get to hunt tomorrow morning.....Wednesday morning.....Thursday afternoon.

Ever just had that feeling something good was gonna happen (while hunting)?

Old 11-05-2007, 02:05 PM

Default RE: Ever just had "that feeling"?

I did, last season. The day I shot my buck. I shot him within ten minutes of when Txjourneyman predicted that I would. I had happened to glance at my cell phone a few minutes before the buck I shot came under my stand and I clearly remember thinking "Well, if I'm going to get one today it'll be within the next twenty minutes." Ten minutes later I was watching my buck sprint away through the snow with my arrow in him.
Old 11-05-2007, 02:05 PM
Typical Buck

I know what your talking about. Just cant really describe it. You just have a little voice in the back of your head saying something good is going to happen.
Old 11-05-2007, 02:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I get to hunt tomorrow morning.....Wednesday morning.....Thursday afternoon.

Ever just had that feeling something good was gonna happen (while hunting)?

This is funny. I've honestly had "that" feeling EVERY time I've been on stand this year. Especially "Prime Time", I honestly start to get nervous and constantly glimpsing at any squirrel or turkey that makes any little noise.
Old 11-05-2007, 02:11 PM

Yeah I had that feeling just two weeks ago, told the wife I just have a good feeling I'm going to see one. Sure enough I got my first deer with a bow that evening.
Old 11-05-2007, 02:14 PM

I've had that feeling quite a few times, and nothing ever developed. My very best hunts came when I went out with a casual, relaxed attitude, and no expectations.
Old 11-05-2007, 02:14 PM
Dominant Buck

I've been watching deer in a LITTLE staging area for 3 hunts in a row. I know where they're exiting their bedding are....the EXACT SPOT. I sat near there Saturday afternoon and had several does, a couple of BB's and a 1.5yr old buck come directly underneath me. I noticed another good tree that had more cover that has ONE limb I'll need to get in there early and trim to be able to get up it with a climber, tomorrow morning....but a few cuts with a pruning saw and I'll be in business. It'll probably sound like a chainsaw in the morning woods, though!

I've obviously never sat there....but I have a GREAT feeling about the spot. I'm not "necessarily"even talking about taking a deer. I just feel like I'm gonna see something "cool" in the next few sits.
Old 11-05-2007, 02:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

It's funny, I've had "that feeling" each of the three time I've killed my bucks.
Old 11-05-2007, 02:26 PM
Boone & Crockett

"The feeling" is a very strange phenomenon. I've cashed in on my feelings quite a few times and it's a little creepy[8D]. Not sure what it is. Somehow the shower feels that much better. The clothes are that much more scent free. The walk to the stand is that much quieter. The stand you want to sit in is crystal clear with no second guesses. A strange confident sensation that you KNOW it's your day. It's almost like being in the zone in golf. Sometimes walking to the first tee you just know you are going very low that day.Awesome feeling to have. Hope you capitalize on it.

p.s. I've yet to have that "feeling" this year. Usually comes at least once during my season.
Old 11-05-2007, 02:28 PM
Dominant Buck

Like I said.....it's not even a "I'm gonna get a deer" feeling. I just think I might SEE a good one.....or something "cool" is gonna happen.

I hope I'm right. Chance of rain in the AM.....but I'll be there. I now have a tree umbrella....and unless it's pouring, I'm there. ONLY thing bugging me is knowing I have to trim that branch.[:-]

Quick Reply: Ever just had "that feeling"?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.