Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Traditional Archery
 New (to me) Trad Video >

New (to me) Trad Video

Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

New (to me) Trad Video

Old 08-27-2003, 02:29 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Default New (to me) Trad Video

I broke down and bought " Traditional Vision Quest" the other day, and finally had a chance to see it all. Pretty decent flick--quite a bit of action, lots of different hunts (deer, ' gator, rabbits, fish), lots of hits and misses. Not an instructional video by any means--you don' t hear anything about how they set up, where, or why, but it' s entertaining. The " Vision Quest" song is really cheesy, in my opinion , but you can fast forward through that at the very beginning and rewind before you have to listen to it at the end; you just have to ignore the electric organ background music (even accompanied by drums, etc. that just ain' t bowhuning music to me).

If they come out with a second video, I' ll probably buy it, but it will have to be better before I' d buy the third.

Chad

PS Might as well go ahead and cover my rear on the cheesy song comment. First, the vocal performance was ametuer at best. Second, I don' t consider going hunting " Spending time with the Father" , as the song states. Sitting in a stand might be a good time to think about religion or even read the Bible, but it ain' t church, and you ain' t there to talk to God, you are there to kill something. Finally, I came to this conclusion long before I had time to finish the video and see who was " singing" --lol.

Old 08-27-2003, 02:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: New (to me) Trad Video

I dont know if you have it yet or not but pick it up. Lost Antlers, 3 rivers sells it. a sweet movie of one guy on a moose hunt. Awesome footage if the TOTAL hunt......
Old 08-27-2003, 04:17 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Thanks Dan--that is the type video I like! I have to put in an order soon anyhow, will definately add that to the list!

Chad
Old 08-27-2003, 08:00 PM
Kip
Fork Horn

Hey Lil' , I just bought that video myself. I thought is was a very well done video. I wish they would make more like it.
Old 08-28-2003, 01:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

gotta agree with ya their Kip. I guess I am hard to judge most things. That video was very well done. I was a little surpised the guy never spoke a word in the hunt though. Guess it added to the mystik of the movie and what/how he lives. Their are definatly a very small minority of hunting video' s out their that are at that level!!!
Old 08-29-2003, 12:45 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]