Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Traditional Archery
 Experience at Tannehill >

Experience at Tannehill

Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Experience at Tannehill

Old 04-28-2003, 08:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Experience at Tannehill

I went to the Childrens Benefit shoot at Tannehill State Park in AL this past Saturday. I had a great time.

I ran into this BBBBIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGGGGGG fella that goes by the moniker of LBR. After buying two bows from him and talking with him via this forum and the tradbow chat room for about 3 years, it was a pleasure to meet him. I met quite a few other fine gentlemen, as well. I won' t attempt to list all of them, because with my memory, I am bound to forget someone!

I now have two very excited 4 yearold granddaughters. Papa bought each of them a recurve from Elk Ridge Archery. They are cute little bows. One of them has a bloodwood riser with maple limbs and the other bacote riser with maple limbs. The bows shoot quite well for 11# & 9# @20" , respectively. I' m not real sure the mothers are as excited, though!!

Bill
Old 04-29-2003, 06:51 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Experience at Tannehill

I can' t speak for Lorrie, but Cindy is quite happy. Still working on those new strings, the material should arrive later this week.

I had a great time as well. It was good to meet Chad and his son as well as a few other folks.
Old 04-29-2003, 01:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Rey,

Lorrie & Cindy? I bought the bows for Rebecca & Katelyn. But, if the girls are happy, I' m sure the Mommas are, too. I took Katelyn' s over to her last night and she shot it for awhile. She' s got to build up her strength a bit to be able to handle it by herself. She is not quite as strong as Rebecca.
Old 04-29-2003, 02:16 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

The pleasure was mine! It was great to finally get to meet you two--just wish you could have stayed longer. Maybe next year?

Chad
Old 04-29-2003, 03:02 PM
Typical Buck

Cindy is not shooting the bow, she is happy Rebecca has one to shoot.
Old 04-29-2003, 05:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Chad,

The trad shoots I go to are an opportunity to see Jeff and his family. The time I get to spend with them Friday evening is a MUST. And he had to get back so he could take his family to church Sunday morning. And I had to get back so I could head to Goose Creek.

We had a great time. I really enjoyed the time we were able to share!

Bill