Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Weekend at Burnies.

Old 11-24-2008, 08:04 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Weekend at Burnies.

ORIGINAL: RLoving1

Thats a nice deer! How wide was he? 3.5 year old nine point shows there are bucks in your country,and from Russ's report you have pork running rampant,let us know when and maybe we can help thin them out.How did you damage your finger to that point? I've never really had a broken bone so I wouldn't know what it felt like.
Getting my gear ready Thur. night. I was moving my stuff from my office to my truck, when the wind blew one the door shut on my hand. Well, just my middle finger. Ive got those heavy industrial doors on my office, so it knocked it out of socket. I just thought it was a dislocation, so I poped it back into joint, wraped it, and went out to see if I could draw my bow.

As for the deer, there are some real big ones. I normally would let this guy go, but it looks like Im running out of time. I think I might have one more hunt before Im done this year. And im planning on it being the one with you and possibly Bob. Ill see what my schedual hold and let you know which weekend will work. I can almost promise you will get shots on hogs. Deer, possibly.
Old 11-24-2008, 08:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

The deer are yours!Them hogs are a pain and we would like to help you keep them at bay.I may get a chance to go south of town and get some meat does this year,good thing about the hogs is they are year round critters to hunt!Me and the old goat are flexible on timing,you can hear his old bones creak so he's not too flexible.
Old 11-24-2008, 11:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

Kent.

I was sure you had done more than dislocate it the way it swelled up on Saturday.

I've never really had a broken bone so I wouldn't know what it felt like.
Rowell.

It hurts like a SOB
Old 11-24-2008, 12:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

broken bones on list of stuff to avoid then!
Old 11-24-2008, 02:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

When you find out the timing for next hunt Kent send a list of refreshments you prefer and I will stock you up! I just have to buy some malox or soy milk for the old guy!
Old 11-25-2008, 09:10 AM
Dominant Buck

Here is the full deer.

Old 11-25-2008, 10:32 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: RLoving1

When you find out the timing for next hunt Kent send a list of refreshments you prefer and I will stock you up! I just have to buy some malox or soy milk for the old guy!
Ill know my schedule better by Thur. Ill email you and let you know. Ill make sure Bob has a bed where its quite so he can get to sleep by 6:00. You know how fussy them old farts can get when they dont get enough sleep.
Old 11-25-2008, 11:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

Kent.

I could have sworn that deer was bigger than that when we was draggin it up out of the gully
Old 11-25-2008, 11:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thats a nice size deer antlers and body size! Russ everything is big when your only 5 foot nuthin tall! Good grass land helps the bodies on those deer.
Old 11-25-2008, 11:49 AM
Dominant Buck

He was just a baby compared to the one I though Russ was going to get a shot at.

Quick Reply: Weekend at Burnies.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.