Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Traditional Archery
 Practice course question - >

Practice course question -

Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Practice course question -

Old 03-07-2003, 05:56 PM

Default Practice course question -

I am thinking about building a practice range and 3d course on 30 acres in front of my property and starting a membership club - Thought about starting with 10 - 15 stations + practice range 10,20,30,40,50 - Would this be a smart business adventure? Closest range in my area is about 100 miles away - Just wanting to pick some brains in the group on what you like about certain courses, problems with courses - etc... " If you build it they will come" does this apply here?

Thanks
Mike
Old 03-07-2003, 08:13 PM

Default RE: Practice course question -

might be good later but depend ing on how many archers you have in the area , may take sometime just toget your money back. Our sportmens club used to have shoots every month from first nice weather til a week or so b4 bow season. However now with the purchase of new 3D targets and so many other shoots locally it' s virtually non profit. Other than concessions (ie po beer dogs burgers) ,not much there. We now do a few thru summer to get together but takes alot of cooperation from other clubs not to cross up. !5 good 3D targets can be a bit rich!!! Even small ones get exspensive aand you do' t want to let em weather like a guy here does. WORST COURSE I' VE EVER SHOT!!!!!! jUST MY 2 CENTS
Old 03-08-2003, 05:32 AM

Don' t forget the liability insurance. our range is covered by the NFAA. It needs to be inspected though. The initial cost of targets is high. Look for major 3-D shoots. Sometimes they will sell the targets at the end of the tournament. A partner or two could also help. Dick
Old 03-08-2003, 02:49 PM

I think for insurance coverage thru the NFAA you have to have 5 or more NFAA members. Could be mistaken tho.