Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Traditional Archery
 Weekend of ups and downs >

Weekend of ups and downs

Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Weekend of ups and downs

Old 06-11-2008, 09:44 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Weekend of ups and downs

Tiller is looking good. That is one of the great things about lam bows. If your lams are ground even, there is little tillering. Man I need to get in the shop and finish up some bows. Ill have to post a pic of a trash bow I started about a week ago. I mean trash bow because it was made from bits and pieces of wood that was headed to the campfire. I cleaned them up, found ways to rip them into useable lams and glued it up. (You can tell I need to get me some more wood). Im still finishing the tips, handle, and final tillering. It will be a beginners bow. It will end up about 45ish lbs with lots of deflex and a tad less reflex. Making it smooth with no hand shock but not great for spitting arrows at sound breaking speeds.
Old 06-11-2008, 09:47 AM
Dominant Buck

Oh yea, what is up with Kanga? Did you not like your other user name?

I bet Rev made you do it.
Old 06-11-2008, 11:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: burniegoeasily

Well I thought it was time for a change you know sorta confuse people

Actually Bob didn't know I changed it not sure if he does know or not

Might have to send him a nasty PM

Kent.

I might have to make some adjustments to my band saw before I go too much further with it, I think I might need a new blade about a 4 in 1 skip tooth I just know the one I have in there is working real hard cutting the hardwood. Glad I didn't use Dymondwood
Old 06-11-2008, 02:14 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Kanga

ORIGINAL: burniegoeasily

Well I thought it was time for a change you know sorta confuse people

Actually Bob didn't know I changed it not sure if he does know or not

Might have to send him a nasty PM

Kent.

I might have to make some adjustments to my band saw before I go too much further with it, I think I might need a new blade about a 4 in 1 skip tooth I just know the one I have in there is working real hard cutting the hardwood. Glad I didn't use Dymondwood
You might want to change blades. If you cut fiberglass on it, it will dull real fast. I use as wide of a blade as I can get as well. It keeps the blade from wondering too much. Not many people like to do that because they like a thinner blade for cutting sharp curves. Im lucky, ive got severl other saws for that.

You need to get a good bow made and come on down and try it out on the hogs or deer next fall. We still need to all get together and see ifyall can help me dispose of some hogs on my land.
Old 06-11-2008, 03:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

You might want to change blades
Funny you said that I checked the blade a hour ago and it is now a toothless blade I think I will get a 1 in 4 blade and try that.

You need to get a good bow made and come on down and try it out on the hogs or deer next fall. We still need to all get together and see ifyall can help me dispose of some hogs on my land.
I am working on it mate

Already have the arrows made up got some GT 3555 Trad with 3 4" feathers 100gr brass insert with 125gr tips I think they will get the job done.

Might even have to take some vacation time next fall and head your way
Old 06-12-2008, 09:40 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Kanga

You might want to change blades
Funny you said that I checked the blade a hour ago and it is now a toothless blade I think I will get a 1 in 4 blade and try that.

I am working on it mate

Already have the arrows made up got some GT 3555 Trad with 3 4" feathers 100gr brass insert with 125gr tips I think they will get the job done.

Might even have to take some vacation time next fall and head your way
Come on down. I know Bob was talking about trying to get down here. Imight be taking a solo trip to the Dallas area on the 5th of July. Ill be headed up to Lavon, Grapevine,and Garland. Ill be biking it, if you are not busy, ill could swing through Burlson and we can grab lunch or something. Ive got a buddy in Burlson that im going to try to visit on my way back home. Let me know what your schedual is that weekend.