Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Need some advice...

Old 04-25-2008, 10:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Need some advice...

ORIGINAL: Matt / PA

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

I could never justify that much for a broadhead....they're beautiful and sharp and all that but there are PLENTY of extremely well made sharp heads on the Market that you could get a bunch more of for much less$$.

Pull the bleeder blade off the Muzzy 220gr Phantoms for a 200gr solid as a rock 2 blade head at a fraction of the cost. Sharp too.

I have Magnus Stingers and Steelforce premiersfor the Longbow, and Muzzy Phantoms and Magnus Snuffers for the recurves........I absolutely don't want for any other broadheads.

I would pick a stinger or a Phantom over the Silver Flames everyday because IMO they'll do everybit as good of a job without damage to the head and you could spend the extra money on some more arrows.
Be carefull with them Steelforces. I've seen to many of them break inside a deer for me to use them.
Thanks for the heads up Shultzster........that's the only one of my crop that I am somewhat unfamiliar with at the moment other than they fly great and are sharp as heck. The 125gr Stingers are in the #1 position anyway.

Also I think I might modify my Snufers a bit too.......I was shooting them the other night and dropped one low on a 30 yard shot and hit the "leg bone" on my 3D target. The tip was rolled over beyond recognition so I simply filed it off and turned the long skinny point into a sharp chisel style.
It actually looks pretty good.
Damn that sucks!! I've never had that happen yet. I hope they didn't get chincy on the making of these Snuffers now.
Old 04-25-2008, 12:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

Damn that sucks!! I've never had that happen yet. I hope they didn't get chincy on the making of these Snuffers now
I don't blame Magnus.........62#, 30" draw length, 545gr arrow, metal post.

Old 04-25-2008, 12:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Damn that sucks!! I've never had that happen yet. I hope they didn't get chincy on the making of these Snuffers now
I don't blame Magnus.........62#, 30" draw length, 545gr arrow, metal post.
I missed it some where. I thought you said a wood post. Ooops!!