Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Traditional Archery
 Me shooting (video link) >

Me shooting (video link)

Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Me shooting (video link)

Old 03-10-2008, 06:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Me shooting (video link)

Hope this works. Please feel free to critique.

http://i87.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid87.photobucket.com/albums/k153/rybohunter/MVI_0936.flv

Old 03-10-2008, 06:40 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Me shooting (video link)

I'm no pro by any stretch, but one thing I noticed is you are scrunched up and not using back tension for your release. I bet you would gain at least another inch of draw length.

Chad
Old 03-10-2008, 06:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm the last one who should give advice because I'm new to Traditional but LBR nailed it! I was thinking the exact same thing. This is what I have been working on the past few days! I gained a 1/2 inch in DL so far and better arrow flight! When I shoot all scrunched up I have crappy arrow flight, my arrow fishtails, but when I stretch my back out my arrow zings in there like on a string, with great accuracy!
Old 03-11-2008, 05:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

Good shooting!

I am not a pro either.

I'm watching and notcied a few things.
1. Upon release your hand is coming away from the face. It's OK for it to come straight back or stay against your face (static, that's more how I shoot), but don't let it come away from the face (off to the side). A couple of things willhelp this.
a. Use of back tension. When you get to fulldraw allow the back tension to trigger your release rememberthat the "push" of the bow arm is part of this. But don't overdo this. Seems like a lot of people go overboard when learning something new, use moderation to get it right.
b. Alignment, your draw forearm needs to get directly behind the arrow (at full draw), it can't be off the right (in your case). I can't tell exactly where it is from the video. But I'd assume it's somewhat off.
c. Relax the draw hand.Practice picking up paint cans (just as you would pull back the string) totally relaxed. Use just enough the tension to pull the string back and relax the back of the hand when ready to release. I can see tenionin the fingers after the release that does notneed to be there. Usually if there is tension after the release there was tension before. Remember that it is impossible for you to get the fingers out of the way with out the string making contact. Best you can do is relax the hand and let the stringrip the fingers right out of the way.
Old 03-11-2008, 10:04 AM
Dominant Buck

That double deflex looks weired, but it sure does make a snappy bow. I tried to copy it last week and cant quite figure out how to tiller it. As for form, the others have said what I saw.
Old 03-11-2008, 12:05 PM
Typical Buck

I know about as much about shooting form as rocket sceince. But it appeared that you are trying to shorten your draw.
Old 03-11-2008, 12:20 PM
bigcountry

Yep, I also shoot hunched over. But if your like me, I know why. Because of the arrow alignment under my eye, I need to cant. Because of the cant, my body gets in the way of the string so I hunch over. Also teh stance has alot to do with it.

Old 03-11-2008, 12:36 PM

You look a good inch short of anchor to me... But if you are happy with your shooting, itdoesnt really matter what we think!

Here a link to a video of Rod Jenkins, IBO World Champion shooter

http://tradgang.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=6;t=001450
Old 03-11-2008, 01:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

Wow, everyone says I am way short. I know sometimes I have a tendency to short draw a little, but I've tried expanding to get a longer draw overall and things go ALLto pieces.

And yes I shoot kind of hunched because I needed to find a way to keep my head the same so I can see(eye over thearrow)and anchor comfortably. So my chin is tucked to my left shoulder, otherwise I am horribly left/right inconsistent.

My biggest concern after seeing myself was my hand flopping after the release. I tried to keep it coming striaght back so I don't pluck, but I thought it was weird how my fingers were all spread out.
Old 03-11-2008, 01:52 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: rybohunter

My biggest concern after seeing myself was my hand flopping after the release. I tried to keep it coming striaght back so I don't pluck, but I thought it was weird how my fingers were all spread out.
Yep, got a little plucking going on. Do you push the bow and pull at the same time? I have been coming to full draw, and basically pushing the bow and thats been working for me.

Quick Reply: Me shooting (video link)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.