HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Me shooting (video link)
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2008, 05:56 AM
BobCo19-65
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Me shooting (video link)

Good shooting!

I am not a pro either.

I'm watching and notcied a few things.
1. Upon release your hand is coming away from the face. It's OK for it to come straight back or stay against your face (static, that's more how I shoot), but don't let it come away from the face (off to the side). A couple of things willhelp this.
a. Use of back tension. When you get to fulldraw allow the back tension to trigger your release rememberthat the "push" of the bow arm is part of this. But don't overdo this. Seems like a lot of people go overboard when learning something new, use moderation to get it right.
b. Alignment, your draw forearm needs to get directly behind the arrow (at full draw), it can't be off the right (in your case). I can't tell exactly where it is from the video. But I'd assume it's somewhat off.
c. Relax the draw hand.Practice picking up paint cans (just as you would pull back the string) totally relaxed. Use just enough the tension to pull the string back and relax the back of the hand when ready to release. I can see tenionin the fingers after the release that does notneed to be there. Usually if there is tension after the release there was tension before. Remember that it is impossible for you to get the fingers out of the way with out the string making contact. Best you can do is relax the hand and let the stringrip the fingers right out of the way.