Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Traditional Archery
 Me shooting (video link) >

Me shooting (video link)

Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Me shooting (video link)

Old 03-11-2008, 04:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Me shooting (video link)

ORIGINAL: rybohunter

Wow, everyone says I am way short. I know sometimes I have a tendency to short draw a little, but I've tried expanding to get a longer draw overall and things go ALLto pieces.

And yes I shoot kind of hunched because I needed to find a way to keep my head the same so I can see(eye over thearrow)and anchor comfortably. So my chin is tucked to my left shoulder, otherwise I am horribly left/right inconsistent.

My biggest concern after seeing myself was my hand flopping after the release. I tried to keep it coming striaght back so I don't pluck, but I thought it was weird how my fingers were all spread out.
I wouldn't say your way short, maybe just a tad. Everyone on here anchors in different spots I'm sure, just try to get consistent on where you anchor.
Old 03-12-2008, 05:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Me shooting (video link)

I really didn't comment on the draw length since everyone is different. I also hunch a bit. I have a hard time standing up straight and shooting. You'll know you have it right when evreything lines up correctly and easily.

One thing I forgot to mention yesterday is your bow hand. Watch it. You start off with a loose grip, and then right at the point of release, you grap the bow. If it works, great, but at least try this. Shoot as you normally would and try to memorize the amount of pressure you are putting on the grip after the shot. Then transfer this to the entire shoot sequence. Try to keep the pressure consistant throughout the shot instead of changing it during the shot.