Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Traditional Archery
 On the way home from work today................... >

On the way home from work today...................

Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

On the way home from work today...................

Old 02-11-2003, 05:58 PM

Default On the way home from work today...................

I was listening to the radio. Decided to switch to a rock station(usually listen to soft rock), and herd the song by Ted Nudgent " Fred Bear" . I' m 52 and like rock G&R,Metilica so I probably haven' t grown up yet.I am not a fan of Nudgent. His show on the outdoor channel is a little intense and he is preaty hyper but I do watch. He is kind of an " in your face" kind of guy. He promotes hunting and gun ownership and does a lot of things with kids. I have to respect him for his beliefs and his not apolizing for being a hunter. I hear a lot of people down him, even about being on the tribute show for Fred Bear. I think everyone realizes who his idol is and I think the song is great. I have heard he shots a bow in his concerts and this probably exposes people to archery that would never have the chance to even see a bow. I don' t understand why people put him down. If I had plenty of money and could live my dream, I would. O.K, you can flame away. I have been married twice so I have preaty thick skin.

Old 02-11-2003, 06:54 PM

Default RE: On the way hope from work today...................

i to respect Ted Nugent for promoting hunting and standing up and speaking out against the "antis" if it were not for people like him where would we as sportsman be today. he is one to speak his mind and do it in his own way, that is just his style we are all unique in our own way , but he gets his point across.

wulff
Old 02-11-2003, 07:26 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: On the way hope from work today...................

I agree that the fella is a wee bit wound up, but that's just his style. It's clear to see that he's excited 'cause of his passion for it. He doesn't need ridolin, he just needs to get in the woods every now and then and "cleanse his soul." I believe that's how he puts it. Sometimes he makes weird comments that make me think of the native beliefs of animalism, but I don't see why people put him down either. I don't exactly prefer his style of music, but he's doing a lot of good stuff for hunting. This is a well known celebrity who is being open about hunting and taking no bones about it. When I was younger and first heard the name Ted Nugent I thought of candy bars. Now that I actualy know who he is and that he is open about and does a lot to promote hunting I think it's great. I guess you could put him right next to Charelton Heston as far as well known people standing up for their rights. They guy has a weird smile, and he makes me laugh when I watch him, but they guy is out there showing people that it's okay to hunt. He may have other issues, but I don't see how anyone could condenscend on him for that.

Brandan

Edited by - IrishLad32 on 02/11/2003 20:27:35
Old 02-13-2003, 06:44 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]