HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - On the way home from work today...................
Old 02-11-2003, 05:58 PM
DoninVa

Default On the way home from work today...................

I was listening to the radio. Decided to switch to a rock station(usually listen to soft rock), and herd the song by Ted Nudgent " Fred Bear" . I' m 52 and like rock G&R,Metilica so I probably haven' t grown up yet.I am not a fan of Nudgent. His show on the outdoor channel is a little intense and he is preaty hyper but I do watch. He is kind of an " in your face" kind of guy. He promotes hunting and gun ownership and does a lot of things with kids. I have to respect him for his beliefs and his not apolizing for being a hunter. I hear a lot of people down him, even about being on the tribute show for Fred Bear. I think everyone realizes who his idol is and I think the song is great. I have heard he shots a bow in his concerts and this probably exposes people to archery that would never have the chance to even see a bow. I don' t understand why people put him down. If I had plenty of money and could live my dream, I would. O.K, you can flame away. I have been married twice so I have preaty thick skin.