Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Rivers Edge Recurves

Old 12-30-2007, 01:42 PM

Default Rivers Edge Recurves

Anyone shoot one of these? I've always planned on getting a black widow, cuz a buddy of mine shoots one (52# @ 28") and I've always shot his well... another friend showed me the River's Edge Recurves and said they'll outperform the widow... Just hoping to get some more opinions on them. (Plus 2/3 the price makes them even more interesting!!)

Thanks in advance!
Old 12-30-2007, 02:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Rivers Edge Recurves

never seen one in person but they look like great bows from the pics ive seen....i'd go with whatever one you want the most...there are tons of makers with tons of models...pick one that makes you happy, and fits the your style and thetype of shooting/hunting that youll be using it for.

if your buddy already has a widow that your allowed to shoot/use....id buy something different...that way you can compare and argue about whos bow is better over a few beers...if you get one you decideisnt for you,you can always sell it for a minimal loss...if you dont keep it very long and have the paper work/Reciept.
Old 12-30-2007, 07:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Buy the Widow!!!

Hatchet Jack
Old 12-31-2007, 05:54 AM

I had a Rivers Edge recurve and spent a lot of time with it this summer as it was my go to 3-D bow. They are very nice bows and perform as well as all others I have shot.. I ended up trading it for a 1pc MAO Black Widow. Performance is very close between the two, but the widow is much smoother and and is more quiet. Both bows were right at 50@27..

I never really cared for Black Widow, but this old MAO has changed my mind, I love the way it shoots! It'sa work horse of a bow and fits my hunting needs perfectly.

You really cant go wrong. Also, send the guys at Rivers Edge an email about instock bows they have. I picked up a absolutely beautiful all bocote recurve for $400. It was sent in on a trade and they had a great price on it.

To answer your question, I don't believe any bow out there is $500 better than the Rivers Edge, but you can find great prices on some used bows that may have a few nicer qualities...

My days of paying $1,000 for a bow are over. I've got $400 in this widow and it shoots as good as all the others I've owned.

Ok, end of rambling.....