Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Traditional Archery
 brush buttons and silencers >

brush buttons and silencers

Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

brush buttons and silencers

Old 11-14-2007, 08:20 PM

Default brush buttons and silencers

I'm going to thoroughly tune my bow, first time I have ever done this. And I have noticed getting limbs and such stuck in my limbs often so I am definetly getting brush buttons, but I want my bow to be silent as possible so is getting silencers ontop of them over kill? should I just get one? I want a silent bow but obviously I don't want to sacrifice too much velocity at the same time. anyone shoot with both or have tried it before?
Old 11-14-2007, 08:40 PM

Default RE: brush buttons and silencers

When I shot a recurve I used brush buttons. I also put stick onfelt/fleece and stuck it on where the string grooves are which stopped any noise from the string hitting the limbs. I also used cat wiskers I found around 10" from the limbs tips was the most effective for my recurve. Now with my longbow all I use is cat wiskers. with all these items If it did slow my arrow down I didn't notice. I would rather have a slow quiet bow than a fast loud one.