Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

gillotine broadheads

Old 10-06-2007, 07:13 PM
Fork Horn

Default gillotine broadheads

How well do these shoot from recurves? Ive thought about getting some to take shots at turkeys but if they are going to drastically throw off the arrow, Im not wasting my money.
Old 10-07-2007, 09:28 AM

Default RE: gillotine broadheads

It really depends on how well you bow is setup and tuned. You have to consider their extra weight then your regular broahead which will throw off you spine. As long as you practice and have a well tuned recurve setup, then I think you should be fine.
Old 10-09-2007, 12:33 PM

I was looking into them too until I read the reviews from Cabelas on the product
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/reviews.jsp?productid=490189

Sounds like there is a lot of flight problems, which means as RB stated the arrow needs to be properly tuned to the bow. I may still try it out, but sounds like I may have to get "special arrows" tuned just right for these broadheads. I think a lot of us watch the video on the gillotine website and think "wow...lopped his head right off" then want to try 'em out for ourselves. Funny how sales ads can do that sort of thing
Old 10-09-2007, 04:26 PM

Yes, I just want to know how many turkeys were missed in that video before they actually got one. It's funny that they don't show the misses. I wouldn't think that those heads would "plane" like other normal broadheads, but I haven't shot them so I don't know.