Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Traditional Archery
 The 'SCHAFER SILVERTIP' ! >

The 'SCHAFER SILVERTIP' !

Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

The 'SCHAFER SILVERTIP' !

Old 02-16-2007, 04:21 PM

Default The 'SCHAFER SILVERTIP' !

Men,
Heres my experience with traditional bows since 1975, I hunted With some ol'e Bear ,pearson,recurves ect,ect,. I joined the ARMY IN 1981 CAME Back and bought my first custom recurve a Wapiti and it was a great bow, I then went to Bighorn "JUNK" !!!!!!! worst bow ive ever owned and shot ! Then Black Widow was a great bow just not for me.I went to the ETAR and picked up a Windauer Silvertip !!! And
WHAM" !!!! LOVE AT FIRST TOUCH AND GRIP !!! The Windauer Silvertip is the finest made Custom made recurve made TODAY ! PERIOD ! Try one you'll be impressed trust me !!
Tj
Old 02-16-2007, 04:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: The 'SCHAFER SILVERTIP' !

didnt you just post basically post the same thing a few days ago...seems to me youraddicted tosilvertip....some people smoke cigs, others are nympho's, you your a silvertip junkie...first time ive ever encountered such a being.
Old 02-16-2007, 04:35 PM

AC,
Yer right ! but theresThousandsof us !! wonder why?? Yep yer right they are that great !
Tj
Old 02-16-2007, 06:35 PM

I've owned one, it was a good bow, but certaintly not the best I've ever owned.
Old 02-17-2007, 04:19 PM

DOUBLE CREEK,
Which one was the best you have ever owned ?? jeesh
Tj
Old 02-17-2007, 07:13 PM

Adcock, Morrison, Border.... They all shot better for ME.... I wish I would have never let that Border out of my hands.. Oddly enough, I sold it to buy a Schafer.... Don't get me wrong, the Schafer was a very nice bow, but I felt the border was smoother, faster, and just felt more solid in my hands.
Old 02-17-2007, 08:07 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

That's why there are so many great bows on the market these days. Take the better ones and paint them all black, and if you test them where it counts--speed, draw force curve, lack of shock, forgiveness--my bet is there won't be a dime's worth of difference. 'Course we all have our favorites, and regardless of what the numbers say we will usually shoot our favorite better than any other. A guy I used to shoot with consistently out-shot a LOT of guys with a LOT of different high-dollar bows--and he was using an old Bear "Black Bear" that he had next to nothing invested in. Ain't no magic bows out there--the shooter makes the difference.

Something that always gets to me when I see it happen is some folks will act like you just disrespected their mother if you don't care for the bow they love. I catch myself wondering why someone doesn't like the same bow I do, but I don't take it personally.

Chad
Old 02-18-2007, 08:02 AM

Chad,
yer right there are a lot of great bows out there the Silvertip has just been the one for me, was just making conversation and like to hear about other guys' choices of bows.
Tj