Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Traditional Archery
 Wow !! 95# and smooth ! "SILVERTIP" >

Wow !! 95# and smooth ! "SILVERTIP"

Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Wow !! 95# and smooth ! "SILVERTIP"

Old 02-17-2007, 04:32 PM

Default Wow !! 95# and smooth ! "SILVERTIP"

Men,
Just got my one of 9 knew SILVERTIPS, 95# @29.5 " SMOOTH AS GLASS ! Anyone who is interested in a real bow !try WINDAUER !
Tj
Old 02-17-2007, 08:01 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Wow !! 95# and smooth ! "SILVERTIP"

Have you scaled the draw force curve? And curious to know what you need a 95# bow for?

I've got a flatbow that's around 120# at my draw, but it's too hard on the fingers to be any fun, and I don't know of anything I'll ever hunt, or even dream about hunting, that would need that kind of weight. I'm only getting 85# (at my draw) for a water buffalo hunt I'm working on, and that's overkill.
Old 02-18-2007, 06:53 AM

but but...........its a REAL bow grunt grunt ....................

a MANS bow.

Old 02-18-2007, 09:33 AM

LBR,
I just enjoy shooting heavyweight bows, Because I can I guess ? Its all about enjoyment for me, and I can hunting anything in the world from mice to elephants with one bow.
BKKD,
grunt ! lol, hardly !! now a recent 500# brench press i did Yep a grunt, A 95# girly bow NAH !
Tj
Old 02-18-2007, 09:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

500 lbs press you been working out your whole life??? or, (forgive me for asking)are you on the Juice? ive seen bench press comp on tv and i know there is alot of technique involved in lifting such weight...but form only gets you so far...most them guys are on juice....if i remember right the Heavyweights were lifting something like 700lbs and guys that weigh 165-170 were lifting in the mid to upper 500lbs range.
Old 02-18-2007, 12:10 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

How old are you TJ? I used to shoot tournaments with 82#, but age and a torn rotator (and maybe a tiny bit of wisdom from experience) told me to lighten up a bit. I can hunt anything from mice to moose with my bow, and I shoot tournaments with it, but have been considering going lighter for a tournament bow. I'm not getting any younger, and don't want to blow out my shoulder before the rest of me goes. The 82# was fun, but a big hassle at the same time--couldn't find wood arrows spined heavy enough, a devil to pull the arrows from targets, and if I had to lay off shooting for any amount of time I had to re-toughen my fingers.

Have you scaled the draw force curve on the 95#? Just curious. "Smooth" is a very relative term, and can vary depending on who is drawing the bow. The scale is a bit more reliable.

Chad
Old 02-18-2007, 01:41 PM

Chad
force draw curve ? I don,t have ascale to help me with that other than the fact she draws smooth all the way through my 29" draw andIve been shooting trad since 1975 and know a smooth draw when shooting a traditional bow, the pounds pulled per inch has to be exceptionally even as well as she pulls.
Tj
Old 02-19-2007, 01:28 PM
Fork Horn

TJ, I've shot the Silvertip's in the lighter weights they bring to the shows but never one of hunting weight like yours. What are you shooting for arrows? I've been shooting 850 gr. laminated birch off my 80# bows and seem to get good flight and awsome performance on game.
Old 02-19-2007, 03:53 PM

LB2,
I use a 2018 with a 1716 sleeved inside!@!! And I Have a AWESOME power plant to deliver "PUNSIHMENT" And pass through! 100% of the time~!!
Tj
Old 02-19-2007, 04:33 PM
bigcountry

Holy cow, 2018 with a 1716 sleeved. Thats one way of getting spine.

I feel kinda anemic here. I shoot a 55lb longbow with port cedars.and shoot another bow that is 40# recurve, that actually is fast. I have a slight tear in my rotator and try to take it easy these days. I hear a surgery for a slight tear isn't worth it. And wait until it gets unmanagable. Do you have to do any special training to bow back a 95# bow? I bet they would hate you on 3D courses.

Reason I ask, is at the gym where I work out, I see some big ole fellas, that actually can't pull back my compound bow at 72lbs believe it or not. Its muscles they never really use. I am shocked. But can easily throw up 250lbs on a bench.

I know after 2 to three3d rounds, my back is tired. I shoot about 1/2 hour or more and I have had it. I would like to increase that time.

I bench pretty good, and other excersises, but none seems to help my archery stamina.

I have yet to see a silvertip. I wouldn't mind to check some out. I have been on this want for a zipper recurve for a while now.

Quick Reply: Wow !! 95# and smooth ! "SILVERTIP"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.