Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Traditional Archery
 Anyone Feel Like Critiquing Byron? >

Anyone Feel Like Critiquing Byron?

Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Anyone Feel Like Critiquing Byron?

Old 02-10-2007, 09:14 PM

Default RE: Anyone Feel Like Critiquing Byron?

I bought his book "Become the Arrow" last printing Jun 2005. In it he says he shoots 75 lb draw.
Old 02-11-2007, 07:01 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Arthur P

I don't critique someone who can outshoot me while facing the opposite direction and looking in a mirror at the target behind him.[&o]
while laying on his backunder a tarp with a spinning disc in the field of view..

Old 02-11-2007, 06:44 PM
Fork Horn

I have read his book and look @ the video 4 times. He definetly let his hand move forward after reaching anchor on the first shot. The second shot hit anchor and released @ the same moment. I didn't see a hold unless it was momentary. I try to hold longer than that but I'm notthe expert by any means....
Love love to see him shoot!
SHills
Old 02-12-2007, 08:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

He definetly let his hand move forward after reaching anchor on the first shot.
I don't think that is what he is doing. I think he is drawing past anchor and settling in. I just wonder why he is not consistant with it. When I saw him a few years ago, every shot he made at stationary targets, he did this. It's just strange to me that he misses when doing this, then makes the shot when he doesn't. Apparently, he doesn't have to settle in or overdraw. I know he doesn't do it shooting arials.

I believe he uses 70#'s when he shoots. I think he uses the heaviest possible to get his clean release (I believe that is what he says).

I'd travel three hours to see him.

IMO, he is a class act. When he was in town a few years back, he was late for a demonstration. My son caught up with him in a hall. Byron stopped, talked with him and signed a picture of my son shooting his longbow. He made a comment on how good my sons form looked. It meant a lot to him.

24, did you ask him if you bought his book would he answer your questions? Would have been worth the $$$. A lot of times if there are people around a booth people are reluctant to answer questions. Once one question gets answered another begins, and a chain effect begins. No need for anyone to buy the book then. Anyway if you were just beginning, it would have been a good tip to buy the book. Could have had him sign it also. I know I brought my old book to have him sign. Anyway, I can understand how the incident could lead to a bad impression.