Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Traditional Archery
 Anyone Feel Like Critiquing Byron? >

Anyone Feel Like Critiquing Byron?

Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Anyone Feel Like Critiquing Byron?

Old 02-09-2007, 01:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Anyone Feel Like Critiquing Byron?

Check out his video clip. Does it look like he collapses the release on the first shot? Or is it really just a "bad arrow"? I've seen him shoot like that in person and sometimes wondered if he overdaws, and settles intohis anchor.

Second shot he doesn't do this though.

Take a look:
http://www.outdoorlife.com/outdoor/photogallery/article/0,20036,1287722_1583367,00.html
Old 02-09-2007, 01:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Anyone Feel Like Critiquing Byron?

I've seen him shoot a couple of times,too and I've noticed he does that.He's a gap shooter and I've seen quite a few gappers settle into their anchor like that.He isan awesome shot,though--no doubt about that!
Old 02-09-2007, 01:19 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

That was a lot different than when I've seen him shoot in person, but the last time I saw him was several years ago. Looked like a double clutch on the first shot, and looked dang near over-bowed on the second.

I like Ferguson, even though I don't agree with everything he says and don't use his shooting style. Dang good trick shot, but he relies on everything being just so. He still has to be able to put the arrow in the spot, but he eliminates as many variables as possible. On the other hand, he makes some amazing shots where it's got to be hard if not impossible to narrow it down much.

At any rate, I don't want him shooting at me at less than a mile!

Chad
Old 02-10-2007, 08:58 AM

I met him at a sport show and told him I was just starting traditional archery and was wondering if he had some shooting tips for me, or anything. All he tried to do was sell me his book.
Old 02-10-2007, 11:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

I don't critique someone who can outshoot me while facing the opposite direction and looking in a mirror at the target behind him.[&o]
Old 02-10-2007, 03:59 PM

Men,
Byron is a "SNAP SHOOTER" in my Opinion! as was Fred b. bear so I'll just watch and enjoy.
Tj
Old 02-10-2007, 05:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

Byron is a "SNAP SHOOTER" in my Opinion!
Say WHAT!??! I'm a snap shooter (not by choice but by target panic) and it takes one to know one. There's no way he's even close.
Old 02-10-2007, 06:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Byron is pretty solid on his anchor and he does hold for a good second or two before shooting.I think that 1st shot in the video was just a throwaway shot.
Old 02-10-2007, 06:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

what poundage bow does byron shoot theese days??? anyone know for sure?
im thinking of going to see an exhibition as hes touring the midwest during feburary. anyone been to one recently, and would it be worth a 3 hour drive? i have met/seemhim shoot before at a outdoors expo in my hometown but i was a kid and dont remember it too well as i didnt fully understand who he was....i just thought of him as any other guy shooting a bow.....from what i remember the shots that he performed didnt seem like they would have been atall difficult(at the time....what did i know i thinki was only 8yrs old or so)as he was on an indoor stage...and very close to his target....i would like to see him outdoors but im sure he will be indoors because its damn cold in northern iowa this time of year.
Old 02-10-2007, 06:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Alpha-Last summer when I watched his demonstration,I think he said he shoots 70# or so.Said he gets a much cleaner release with the heavier weight

Quick Reply: Anyone Feel Like Critiquing Byron?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.