Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Recurves and carbons

Old 10-26-2006, 10:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Recurves and carbons

Hi Wally
I think its more of a mindset then anything else.The reason I bought the carbons was that the Kudu is in my veh. all the time and I figure the ceder were more apt to warp with all the heat,humidity,temp changes.The clasics do have the wood look.But being how Iam just getting back in to traditional shooting,my mind just got set on wood.nothing wrong with carbons,there faster,take the heat and cold better,more easy to get ahold of,and you can put a trk load in a belt or back quiver.But for now I just like the ceder better.No harm done...........
Old 10-26-2006, 10:45 AM

mnbuck,
Glad I could help. When you place 3 strands inside the shaft, make sure they are secured to one another and secure to the shaft. If the arrow wobbles all you have to do is play with the line until it flies good. Not very hard to do and a great way to tinker with your trad equipment. Which I can't stop doing.
Old 10-26-2006, 03:26 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Arthur P

Hey, Chupacabras... FYI.... The Cabelas Outfitters are Carbon Express Terminators with Cabelas name stamped on 'em. I'm using them (6075's) right now on my compound. Some of the guys here kinda giggle when I start talking Terminators because I've recommended them so often. They think I've kinda lost it, I believe.[8D]
I love Carbon express Terminators. It makes me sick that they quit making them.
Old 10-26-2006, 06:26 PM
Spike

Ranger,
Thanks. I felt a little foolish after hitting the 'OK' button, so I'm really glad you weren't offended. Nothing like an old fart no-it-all sharing useless information...
I think the speed and feel of the wood actually helps to get our subconscious 'instincts' tuned up more quickly. The rythym and timing, etc. are just different. I think they make us better shooters. There I go again!!

Wallypedal
Old 10-26-2006, 11:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wally.Iam only 46,so some might call me a young buck.
Its like this(my opinion)if I want to shoot cabons,I will shoot them thru my compound.The reasons Iam going back to Traditional is to shoot wood,the other reason is to have a harder challange.
I always have my Beman clasics to fall back on if I decide too.it just wasnt ment to be at this moment.

But when all said and done it realy dosnt matter what a person shoots,as long as they enjoy what they are doing.