Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Traditional Archery
 What kind of quiver to use >

What kind of quiver to use

Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

What kind of quiver to use

Old 09-09-2006, 07:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What kind of quiver to use

I have not hunted with it yet, but I recently purchased a Catquiver 3.5, and I think it will work well. This will be first year hunting with a recurve, but it will be my 16 th. year bow hunting, and I think I have wrestled this dilemma since the first time I stepped in the woods with archery equipment.
I tried everything under the sun like LBR and finally resolved myself to a quick detach bow mounted quiver. I would take it off as soon as I got in my stand, but it still kept my arrows handy going to and from.
When I got my recurve I really did not want to put a quiver on it, so I knew the quest would begin again. I settled on the Catquiver because it protects the feathers from moisture and briar's, plus the 3.5 model allows me to carry everything I normally put in my fanny pack. I plan on hanging it up as soon as I get in my tree, hopefully keeping my arrows and gear close. I am sure I will find things I don't like about it as the season goes on, I just hope they aren't things that make me want to keep trying different quivers.[:@]
Just thought I would throw out another option for you to consider. Keep us posted on what you like and why. I always like to hear other hunter's experiences with gear.
Good luck with your hunt!
Old 09-09-2006, 10:10 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: What kind of quiver to use

I will have to look into that cat!