Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Traditional Archery
 Traditional hunting quiver recommendations >

Traditional hunting quiver recommendations

Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Traditional hunting quiver recommendations

Old 11-07-2005, 01:41 PM

Default Traditional hunting quiver recommendations

Can anyone recommend a traditional hunting quiver for me? I am looking for a name of a brand or company that makes a real nice one. I am looking for a side quiver which I can clip to my belt. I have looked at Cabelas, and just visited my local Bass Pro Shop, to no avail. I want something which will be quiet when rubbed against things in the woods. Where is a good place to shop online for these? The selection at Bass pro stunk.
Old 11-07-2005, 02:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Traditional hunting quiver recommendations

Custom King, Black Widow,3 rivers archery are a few that come to mind.
Old 11-07-2005, 05:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Have you seen one of these?

A friend of mine has one and has let me borrow it a few times. I think it's more handy and easier to move around with than a belt quiver. When you're going through the thick stuff, you can kinda hug it under your arm and control it. One of the things that really irks me about a belt quiver is having brush snag your arrows and jerk 'em out of the quiver. I don't like getting though the brush to find out I've got an empty quiver, and that's happened to me more than a few times. Nothing like backtracking thru the briar patch to pick up arrows. [:'(]

This is real easy to take off when you want to sit for a rest, like a back quiver. One of the best things about it is there is very little movement to pull an arrow out of it. It's big enough to hold plenty of arrows for tournaments too.

They've got 'em at Alaska Bowhunting Supply.
Old 11-07-2005, 05:35 PM

I used ahip quiver for a while and for target and 3d it works well but as far as moving through the bush it got in my way. I recently picked up one of those selway slide on quiverand I am very happy with it so far, it adds a little weight to the bow but to me it seems to steady me and reduce recoil on the bow plus I like having my arrows right there. Before I bought it I was worried about it effecting the limbs or being loose but its not its very tight and goes far enough down the limbs so it doesn't affect the limbs at all. Here is a link to show you a picture.

http://outdoorproshops.com/Trad.%20Quivers.htm
Old 11-09-2005, 04:05 PM

I have the catquiver I and so far I like it.I don't know how traditional it is though.
Old 11-10-2005, 04:29 PM

I made myself one out a piece of Bamboo hollowed out, 22 inches long I covered it with Mountain lion skin and around the edge also to cushion the arrows from slapping the wood, I attached a braide rope as a handle I either wear it on my side and in areas that is thick I wear it on my back, the skin around it muffles all rubbing against the brush, the Mesquito Indians in Nicaragua use this design.
(the bamboo is 4 inches wide inside measurement)
Old 11-15-2005, 03:12 PM
Typical Buck

Selway, rubber straps wrap around the bow and secure on two simple posts. Quiet. Mine holds 4 arrows.