Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

My favorite arrow

Old 09-01-2005, 03:20 PM

Default My favorite arrow

My last viset to the range left my quiver empt except for 1 that was bent in ten different directions. So I went home with my head hanging, and my walet telling me it would be a long time befor I could get more. I rumeged threw my stock of old arrows, cut some bends out of tips, fletched and added points. I ended up with 3 arrows of different length and shaft size. The one Ishale nameFrankenstein,it is a 2020 fleched 3 flu flu feathers and a 180gr judo point (the feathers and pointwas all I had left). The past three days of shooting, with this arrow exclusivly, have been the bestdays yet. I can'tmiss with this guy,nothing is safe;cans, stumps, leaves, they all fall victum to this deadlyarrow.

If it wasnt so dang loud I would use it for deer.
Old 09-01-2005, 09:45 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: My favorite arrow

Now THAT is an archer's paradox![:@]

Chad
Old 09-02-2005, 07:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

Just keep practicing and some day you might get as good at finding lost arrows as I am. I'm a world class arrow finder. Just goes to show you how much practice I get at it.[8D]

Once, I sat down and fletched up 2 dozen spiffy new cedar arrows. There was a 3D shoot the next day and I intended to have a dozen to shoot and a dozen to sell. Well, I wound up having one of THOSE days. My first dozen arrows were gone after the first half of the shoot, so I had to use the dozen I'd intended to sell. Wound up going home with 2 arrows left out of those 2 dozen.

Hey, stuff happens.
Old 09-02-2005, 07:32 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Ouch--and I thought I was bad! My best story was when I was first learning the in's and out's of arrow building. I made myself some "premium" arrows--4 fletch barred feathers, stained, capped, and crested--took me forever to get those things done. Well, the first thing I did was shoot at my furthest target (25-30 yds), which was set just in front of the neighbor's long-unused pasture--waist high in sagegrass. First arrow sailed just over the target (3-D deer). I didn't let it shake me. Second arrow sailed over it's back. This was the first time these arrows had been shot. They are still out there in the pasture, somewhere....at least whatever is left of them--I hunted and hunted with no luck. Still have that target, and have a backstop behind it now.

Chad
Old 09-03-2005, 10:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

Chad, the worst part was I didn't lose hardly any of my arrows that day. A lot of the shots were very tight to tree trunks and.... Well, I left a lot of splinters on the trail that day.[&o]

Old 09-04-2005, 08:04 PM

[:-]At least I can say I lost a dozen on wild boars one day in Melbourne Florida, my friend and I went to exterminate as many as we could and we did shoot 3 dozen arrows, but I put 5 into a huge boar that went in a swamp with 5 feet of water and we never found him.
out of all the hogs we shot we only recover 3, it was a miserable day raining and all the cow field were filled with water and mud, we couldn't track any blood due to the rain.

But the farmer was happy we probably got rid of a dozen hogs, we had to go home in 1 day because we ran out of arrows,LOL