Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Traditional Archery
 What is your favorite arrow >

What is your favorite arrow

Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

What is your favorite arrow

Old 05-03-2006, 09:23 AM
Dominant Buck

Default What is your favorite arrow

With your recurves, what brand/type of arrow do you prefer?

Ive been shooting 2117s for years with my recurve, Id like to see what everyone else is shootinig.
Old 05-03-2006, 09:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What is your favorite arrow

For my recurves I shoot GoldTip XT Hunters 5575's--GT XT 3555's off the longbow.

Old 05-03-2006, 09:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

I also shoot plain old 2117's.

Old 05-03-2006, 10:41 AM

Self made cane arrows at around 11/32 ".
Old 05-03-2006, 11:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

My favorite for hunting and 3Dis Rogue River tapered cedar shafts. For practice, plinking and just messing around, I shoot whatever I can get for the best price.

If you'd have asked the question 2-3 years ago, I'd have said XX75 2216's or Carbon Express Terminators.
Old 05-03-2006, 12:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

That's a hard question to answer and it depends on what its being used for. Even with hunting I like several types and makes of arrows. Example I use Gold Tips XT huntersin my 2005 Switchback, (my main hunting bow)For my 06 Switchback XT, (believe it or notthis will be my back up bow)I am trying the Easton Axis Full Metal Jackets, so far Irealy like them and don't plan on changing before fall. For my 1997 Martin Fury I like shooting the XX78 2219's.A fast bow and heavy arrows make for a good combo and this has proved itself time after time with elkand deerkills during the eight years I hunted with this bow.. For punching paper with my 2004 Mathews Conquest3 (newley purchased) I plan on shooting ACC's, but they also make one heck of a good hunting arrow too. Bottom line the arrows of today are better than ever so it comes down to personal choice of what do you want to shoot. Unless you are not spined correctly chances are you can't go wrong no matter what brand or type of arrow you shoot.
Old 05-03-2006, 08:39 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

I shoot POC, mostly Rogue River Archery. Since they changed hands, not sure where I'll get mine--new owner may only sell through 3 Rivers. If the price of wood shafts keeps going up, I may swap back to aluminum or carbon. I've shot both from a longbow, but like wood better.

Chad
Old 05-03-2006, 09:01 PM

I still shoot my 2118 autum orange aluminums but have recently tried some easton carbon excels and actually enjoy shooting them. less damage when stump shooting.
Old 05-03-2006, 09:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

I shoot POC, mostly Rogue River Archery. Since they changed hands, not sure where I'll get mine--new owner may only sell through 3 Rivers.
Hadn't heard that story, Chad. That's too bad. I liked those folks. When did they sell out?

My midieval crossbow project is pretty much done. Just waiting on the prod to arrive now. Since the ammo for it is only gonna be 15" long, I'll probably start using plain ol' 3/8" ramin dowels from the hardware store.
Old 05-04-2006, 10:22 AM

Ive had a few brief stints with carbon, but I always find myself going to Easton XX75's, I love em. This whole selfbow obsession thing is dictating me going to woodies though...

Quick Reply: What is your favorite arrow

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.