Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 What is your favorite arrow rest and how long have you been using it >

What is your favorite arrow rest and how long have you been using it

Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

What is your favorite arrow rest and how long have you been using it

Old 04-11-2004, 06:44 PM

Default What is your favorite arrow rest and how long have you been using it

I want to know what all of you guys/gals use for an arrow rest and how long you have been using the rest. I shoot a WB right now but think I am going to try something else.
Old 04-11-2004, 06:54 PM

Default RE: What is your favorite arrow rest and how long have you been using it

I shot a Trap Door, had it about 9 months. I have taken it off 4 times to try a Trophy taker, Quiktune, ultra rest, and a Power drop. Everytime i shot these rest about a week and put back on the Trap Door. No cables to attach or stretch. Have 4 buddys that shot them and have never had a problem. Not that expensive about 80 bucks. If you have a Hoyt tec bow make sure you don't get the micro tune, it will not fit due to the riser truss. Buddy of mine fell with his bow and broke the rest(250-300lbs on the rest). It didn't break the rest off just bent it out of whack. He called them to buy a replacement and they ask him if had already had one and he said the he broke it. Even after hearing the way that the rest broke they would not let him buy one they sent one free of charge. If it breaks for any reason they will replace it free of charge, odds are you will not have to use this but it is nice to know that it is there. Good luck
Old 04-11-2004, 07:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What is your favorite arrow rest and how long have you been using it

I've been using the Trophy Ridge Drop Zone for just over a year now and I couldn't be happier, it's performed flawlessly everytime I needed it to. I've used the DZ from last years Turkey blind to all summer long on 3Ds, to deerstands from the first of October thru mid- Janurary. I just can't say enough about how well this product has done for me. I'm glad to see the DZ is getting the respect it deserves now on all the forums. You've got to check this one out and see what all the talk is about.
Here are a couple critters bagged thanks to the TR DZ.

Old 04-11-2004, 08:24 PM

THOSE ARE SOME FINE HARVESTS THERE IL-CORNFED. DO YOU HAVE ANY BETTER PICS OF THAT BUCK, WHAT DID HE SCORE?
Old 04-11-2004, 08:37 PM

I have been shooting the Muzzy Zero Effect rest on my legacy and it has worked flawless, i love it....its going on my new Outback......Great deer IL
Old 04-12-2004, 03:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Don't know if it's my favorite, but up until this year, I've been shooting a Golden Key Golden Premier. I think it's mainly by default since I haven't bought a new bow in 11 years, but has served me well over the years. You just can't beat a rest that is micro adjustable IMO. Maybe that's why I'm shooting a NAP Quicktune 3000 on my new Patriot (even though my sig says otherwise.) The fallaway that I have been trying has been giving me fits. I really want it to work, but I'm still not necessarily convinced that they are the greatest thing since sliced bread just yet.
Old 04-12-2004, 05:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

My favorite in the last 30 years is the Muzzy Zero Effect. Trapdoor is in the waiting. Waiting for a bow to put it on, that is.
Old 04-12-2004, 06:57 PM

Bodoodle Pro Lite.Been using one for the last 3 years.Simple , Reliable, and Deadly Accurate.
Old 04-12-2004, 07:41 PM

Got out the records today. I have shot my Trap door About 26,129 times in the last 270 days. Not one problem out of the rest. In that time every thing else on my bow has changed, either for the better or because it broke. I will never be against a drop away, as long as it is reliable.
Old 04-12-2004, 08:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bodoodle Prolite!

The TR Dropzone has piqued my interest!

Quick Reply: What is your favorite arrow rest and how long have you been using it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.