Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Super Glove

Old 08-23-2005, 06:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Super Glove

The Montanna Pitch Blend may be better--don't have to melt it, it's not sticky, and usually only put one coat on to get mine broken in--then re-treat when it looks dry.
You don't really have to melt the sno seal, but it's easier to apply when it is melted. You do have to use a heating source on the leather to really get it deep in though. I usually just use a flood light (or heat light). They recommend a hair dryer. It's really about the same consistancy as Montana Pitch. But forsome reason, when I used the Montana Pitch on my boots, I didn't think they water proofed them as well as the sno-seal.Sno-seal is most definetely sticky though compared to pitch, and it doesn't smell as good .
Old 08-23-2005, 07:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

I hear ya about the heat source, but I've got the answer to that. I slathered mink oil on and inside my glove and set it on the dashboard of my truck out in the sun yesterday, sitting inside a little foil pan of course. Left it all day. It got up to 103 here yesterday and the thermometer in my truck topped out at 184.

Those fingertips are quite a bit softer this morning.[:-]
Old 08-23-2005, 08:22 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Arthur P

I hear ya about the heat source, but I've got the answer to that. I slathered mink oil on and inside my glove and set it on the dashboard of my truck out in the sun yesterday, sitting inside a little foil pan of course. Left it all day. It got up to 103 here yesterday and the thermometer in my truck topped out at 184.

Those fingertips are quite a bit softer this morning.[:-]
Gentlemen , we are in the presence of true genius .
Old 08-23-2005, 08:38 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Redneck ingenuity at it's finest!

It got up to 103 here yesterday and the thermometer in my truck topped out at 184.
That is also a prime example of why you don't leave a bow in your truck in the summertime!

Chad
Old 08-23-2005, 11:57 AM

I have been using the super glove for a few months now and love it - Once broken in (says on the package a few weeks) Doubt if I will ever use another glove - Love the feel of this one - I need to try the snow seal thing

Mike