Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

My bow arrived today

Old 07-27-2005, 05:59 PM

Default My bow arrived today

well shes here a viper deluxe longbow it shoots good with my old compound arrows (getting new arrows and string this week) and i found out something on the limb tip over lays i think i have a regular viper one and a deluxe one be cause the top is white with black and the bottom is brown with blackor maybe this is to tell the difference between top and bottom but whatever i dont care i think its kind of funny and another question when ever i shoot it after i let go of the string there is this sound like when you dont have an arrow nocked and you hold the handle and thump the string could this mean to light of arrows? or do i just need silencers or maybe both! ok back to how it shot from 15 yards i had a group of two arrows at 2in and i though WOW i am doing good but on my third arrow i was 10in below go figure i blame it because i dont have a brass arrow nocking point on the string.
Old 07-28-2005, 07:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: My bow arrived today

The old poets always talked about the twang of the bowstring. Way back when, some Stone Age goof-off found out he could put one end of his bow on a hollow log and the sound was magnified when he thumped his bow string. From that discovery came the lyre, harp, guitar, banjo, violin... all the string instruments. Kinda cool that ancient archery was the inspiration for a whole class of musical instruments, huh?

Anyway, a set of string silencers will muffle that sound to where you won't hardly hear anything.

Sounds like you're off to a good start. Have fun!

Old 07-28-2005, 12:30 PM

mattl can you post some pic's of your new bow?
Old 07-28-2005, 12:57 PM

mattl can you post some pic's of your new bow?
Here, Here!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-28-2005, 03:20 PM

I would but i dont know how to and if you need a digital camera to do it welli dont have one of those either but i do have a scanner if that helps if there is some way to do it then
Old 07-28-2005, 05:24 PM

take a pic of the bow. then when you get the pic's back scan them. goto photobucket.com open a account upload the pic's to there. Then you can post them here.