Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 New camo arrived today >

New camo arrived today

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

New camo arrived today

Old 07-03-2008, 02:49 PM
Typical Buck

Default New camo arrived today

If you all can remember back in April I was very disapointed with the ASAT 3d suit that I bought b/c after less than ten uses it started falling apart. I returned it and used the money to buy two of the PredatorLightWeight Polyester outfits for our 110+ degree days in the stand.

I've only put them on to make sure they fit and so far the look good. However, here is the reason for this post.

A lot of the Predator fans were talking "crap" about how ASAT's newer camo is made in other counties, but the first thing I noticed when I opened the shpping box is the big white "MADE IN CHINA" tag on my new Predator camo.

I guess if you want new camo that is made in America you will have to buy something from DayOne or GreyWolf.

Old 07-03-2008, 04:41 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: New camo arrived today

Enigma is made in the USA, too, and is great camo, IMHO
Old 07-03-2008, 04:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

The owner of Gray Wolf and I have discussed this many times... he steadfastly refuses to outsource any of his items to China... for any reason. I'll tell you this: He's super-swamped with business, and has a waiting list out of this world, and he still holds the line.

You two would get along really well. I've picked up several outfits and had him custom-make me quite a bit of stuff over the last couple years, and I'm sure I'm going to be leaving it to my kids... his stuff is that good.
Old 07-03-2008, 05:03 PM
Dominant Buck

I hear ya Greg.....but that doesn't do a man in need of some hot weather camo much good.

Predator got my stuff wrong one too many times (I bought the same things tom did). I got fed up with the company. Enigma is no better IMO. I gave them the benefit of the doubt until I was lied to over there enough times, too. Too bad, really. The actual camo is outstanding.

I've got my Ultimate camo for this early season....and it's a great looking, great fitting camo suit. So far.....so good.....and Andy's (I've met him) a first class guy....as is his partners.

If he doesn't get something (material) for cooler weather......I won't blame him....but I'll be looking for something.....maybe from Grey wolf.

It's damned tough to find good quality camo, honestly.
Old 07-03-2008, 05:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just because its made in the USA does not mean its good quality.I would rather buy USA made but choices and quality are scarce. Price is the bottom line for a lot of people, especially in these times.
Old 07-03-2008, 05:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

There's lots of great camo out there, we are really lucky. Plenty of new patterns and it seems like the Company's are really listening to what the consumer wants.

Having said that I'm with Jeff on this one, I'm excited to start the season in my Ultimate Camo. With the confidence I have in this pattern, my only decision when the cooler weather hits, is going to be, should I just stay in bed and suggle with the wife or go out and try to push deer to those who haven't filled their tags yet!
Old 07-03-2008, 08:06 PM

Jeff,I agree 100%. It's damn tough to get camo anymore, unless you get the mass produced stuff. I've had an Enigma suit ordered since late December, but fortunately I have another suit already. If I needed it like right now....I'd be SOL. And it's just....silly, to be honest with you. I'll keep waiting though, I believe in it that much.

Guys......I deal with imported stuff from China DAILY. It's my job. Clothing? No, but close to it. Bags. Duffel bags, backpacks.....hundreds of different styles.

BELIEVE me when I tell you the quality of the stuff coming from China could NOT be worse if infants were making the stuff. I don't give a damn what the price is.....If I have ANY other alternative than something made in China.....I'm taking it. Lead in the dye.....poorly sewn fabrics....the list goes on. Part of my job is quality inspecting everything that comes in my building.....I don't often know what I'm talking about 100%, but I do this time.
Old 07-03-2008, 08:19 PM
Boone & Crockett

Well I have them all

Jeff the Silent Weave from Cabelas is a great early season suit. I got a cotton shirt in Predator to match and it worked out fine.
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/pod/horizontal-pod.jsp?id=0057721&navCount=3&parentId=cat 600823&masterpathid=&navAction=push&cm Cat=MainCatcat470076-cat600853-cat600823&parentType=index&indexId=cat6008 23&rid=
To be honest the Savanh series from ScentLok is a great suit for early season.

ScentLok does make some quality clothing, I have had some suitsfor 6 + years and still look like new.

Microtex
Silent Tech
Old 07-03-2008, 08:27 PM

Good call, Germ. ScentLok Savannah IS good stuff for early season. And.....I THINK it's offered in MO Treestand this year, which IMO is a pretty decent pattern for mass produced.

Old 07-03-2008, 08:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

I agree on Andy being a first-rate guy, Jeff... I've spoken with him several times and believe he's got a quality product and he's doing it right. I've heard nothing but good feedback from his efforts.

Quick Reply: New camo arrived today

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.