Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

pulling carbons

Old 03-28-2005, 06:16 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: pulling carbons

A month or two ago the same question was asked and somebody suggested the bar soap idea. I tried it with a bar of Dial soap and it completely fixed the problem. I have several Mckenzie targets and I was shooting arrows in them in 20 degree temps and pulling the arrows out with one hand while pushing on the target with the other hand. I didn't have to use that two hands around the arrow and your foot on the target method. It also eliminated the little chuncks of foam that come out fused to the arrow which has to be better on the target life.Give it a try. Everybody has a bar of soap laying around the house.
Old 03-28-2005, 07:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

As Matt said--a field point with a slightly larger OD than the arrow & insert will work real good.
Gold Tip makes a EZ-PULL target point, this will solve the problem you're having.
Check them out.
Old 03-30-2005, 09:51 PM

Spray a golf towel with pledge furniture polish. Hang it on your 3D belt. Make sure the towel end is saturated good. Wipe the last 4 inches of the arrow. It will come right out with no problem. And, you will smell lemonie fresh. Much easier then the silicone tubes or bar's of soap, although they do work.