Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 For pulling carbons out of 3D targets....... >

For pulling carbons out of 3D targets.......

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

For pulling carbons out of 3D targets.......

Old 03-19-2006, 08:17 AM
Super Moderator

Default For pulling carbons out of 3D targets.......

what has been the most effective for you? Dips, soap, wax, etc?
Old 03-19-2006, 10:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: For pulling carbons out of 3D targets.......

I got really tired of getting soap all over my hands and loseing dip tubes, so I went to aluminum with 50gr. glue in points . My carbons weighed 385 gr, The alum's are lighter at 355 grain. Don't have to worry about putting one of the carbons thru my hand either.
Old 03-19-2006, 10:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Since I started using "pig" points, or the oversized points that are tapered front and back, I often don't lube arrows at all anymore. A little soap works great though. Also, our club started buying Rhinehart targets, which are much easier to pull than McKenzies, especially the HD series.
Old 03-19-2006, 08:14 PM
Boone & Crockett

Cougar, after straining to pull my arrows out of my 3D taget today I reminded myself of my dip tube. Make a mixture of liquid hand soap and water in a sponge within a dipping tube....works for me.
Old 03-19-2006, 08:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

There's nothing I've tried to date that works as well as 'Woody's Arrow Lube".......don't know what's in it but it's the best.
It comes in a little jar with a roll on style felt applicator.
Good ol' pure Ivory bar soap works great but is a pain to keep handy and applies kinda crappy.
I've tried all the supposed good stuff, Slick 50, Armor ALL, Silicone ,yadda yadda and they aren't close to Woody's.

Won't leave home without it especially with carbons blazing at 300+.

Old 03-19-2006, 08:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Another vote for Woody's. The only thing I don't like about it is the container it comes in. Don't know if this is common, but even when screwed on VERY tightly, it leaked all over the inside of the one pouch on my quiver last season, and now the whole pouch is coated with the stuff.......can't put releases in there anymore.
Old 03-21-2006, 08:34 AM
Typical Buck

my bud and I actually put a bit of string wax on say the last 8" of the arrow and just rub it in. it makes pulling an arrow considerably less of a chore
Old 03-21-2006, 11:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just got 18-1 Rinehart. My arrows are melting the foam and glueing to the target, nearly impossible to pull out. Carbon L II's at 330 fps. out of Xbow. Can't shoot recurve anymore, bad shoulder. Anyone know off a product that will stop this? If so, how long does an application last? Thanks.
Old 03-21-2006, 11:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

I just use WD 40 on the first 8" of my arrow and it worked suprisingly well. I've never tried anything else so I have nothing to compare it to. I don't know if it hurts anything but no problem so far....
Old 03-22-2006, 07:11 AM

Try wiping your arrows down with armoral wipes. Their easy to carry in your bow caseand youonly need to apply it oncebefore each shoot.

Death From Above

Quick Reply: For pulling carbons out of 3D targets.......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.