Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Turbo Nocks

Old 04-12-2005, 07:21 PM

Default RE: Turbo Nocks

WOW !!! 110 yds . WOW!!! I can't even see that far.
I am glad you liked them!!!! Thank you so very much for sharing this.
Four years ago When I was first testing my original experimental turbos . I had built a home made shooting machine and I had decided to do some yardage tests at 20, 40, 60, and 80 yds. I had decided that if the prototypes would not at least match the performance of regular fletching I would not go through with the patent and just put the turbos up on a shelf. The test turbos out grouped at 20,40, 60 and when I got to 80 I shot the arrows and could hear them hit, but could not see them until I walked up to the target. It was a very very long walk. I thought a lot about my dad Teaching me to shoot when I was three years old and how he would stand behind me and coach me on my form and skills.
I felt like he was there walking with me to that target.
When I saw the 2 and 1/2 inch group I knew the TURBO would go.
When others start having the same "fun" as I did that day , all the hassles are worth it.
Somewhere up there my old man is smilin too.
Old 04-12-2005, 09:25 PM

YA' 110 yards....we couldn't see real good either if they hit or not. But it was a really cool when you hear that "thump" as the arrow hit the target! It was all for fun, see the person I drove to the shoot and I tied, and we had to have a tie breaker. Well, we both hit the dang thing and didn't accomplish much by doing this, but is sure was fun. And we both got to say we hit a deer target at 110 yards.
Good luck with your Turbo's
Old 04-12-2005, 09:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks for the response Nick. Not too many guys in this business would offer what you did to fix the problem I had with the turbos. I sent a pm to you, don't worry about the strings. Mighy kind of you but that has been some time ago and have a different bow now. Thanks though.

The archery business needs more people like this! Ready to help fix a problem instead of the usuall blow off.
Thanks
Amen to that! I would take my hat off to you, Nick, but the glare from my bald head is dangerous to the unshielded eye. [8D]
Old 04-13-2005, 08:35 AM

You won't find a more stand up guy than Nick boys.

BearGuy...that's been the biggest asset with Turbos that I've seen is the decreased wind drift.

I did a 3D last year and the last shot was a 51 yarder with a 35mph crosswind. I had 3 with conventional 4" hellical and the same shafts with Turbos and shot both. Held 18" off to get it in the 8 with the Feathers...6" off with the Turbos. EVERYONE was amazed...including me. I knew they helped but I didn't know they cut THAT much.

Now...if I was a guy that hunted Antelope or Mulies out west int he plains states where the average shot was 40+ and the wind always blows...guess what the best bet would be
Old 04-13-2005, 10:11 PM

Yep, after my last dealings with Nick, I would say he if a great guy with a great product there in the T-4's. None of us shooting in my group could believe how little drift I was having with these. Can't wait to try them out this fall on some game!
Old 04-14-2005, 04:02 PM

My head is starting to swell!! Im not that nice!!!
Anyhow I am doing a lot of practicing with my setup I will be using to get a TURKEY this year. I reallly hate to fletch arrows, but to prove a point I am going to be using my New nock with some bohning blazers and some 55grain carbonrevolution broadheads. I am thinking of putting some muzzy grasshoppers behind the broadhead to keep it from passing throug.
Has anyone ever tried this???